BBKA holds old dears to ransom!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think the whole SAGA scheme is very cheesy and (being polite) I certainly wouldn't agree with the BBKA priorities for "research". But it's upfront as to where the money goes - unlike the Shropshire scheme that clearly just lines somebody's pocket.

Public Domain? As the jars will need to be labelled....

Point being, there are obviously various beekeepers taking part in this (ie: the ones which the sponsors will be unable to contact directly but who may run blogs/facebook pages if there's sufficient income...).

Regards,
roland

Perhaps thats where the only info will be...........on the labels of the jars:grouphug:

Will the jars need labels though,they are not selling it,do you label a jar of honey thats come from your own hive for your own use.?

Plus it states that if the hive produces no honey then honey from another hive will be used,does not say where the other hive is does it,could be in Bahrain.

Last edited:
Presumably it would be classed as supply to a third party. pretty sure that it would need to be labeled. One thing for sure is that SOMEONE somewhere is being paid for the Honey.

All small points, but as the initial fee is so high I feel that there is a case for the organizers to be totally open about exactly how the funds will be distributed; job for Monday morning I think.

Best Wishes,
roland

Maybe the forum membership is based on morals?
Thats why many are here after all.

I suppose we could do it and charge over 50's £3.80 a a LB jar,around 40 sponsors per hive..

Bugger! I will never make it onto the BBKA committee with my attitude.

>Bugger! I will never make it onto the BBKA committee with my attitude.

No,not a hope,you had better not give up the day job.

4000 now signed up at 30 quid a time giving an additional 120k in the coffers of the BBKA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-FFYBygkQ[/ame]

Brossy, I think your bile is wholly directed towards the extinction of the BBKA. The future of the "Green" issues feature much much further down on your agenda.
Come on admin. pull this one like the one you pulled last week on this hands off censorship site :hurray

John Wilkinson

Extinction, not in the least - I would dearly love to see it return to be "what it says on the tin" - a genuinely democratically run national association that puts the interests of bees and beekeepers above all else (particularly above deeply grubby brown envelopery with pesticide companies)....... To that end it needs root and branch change and reorganisation - so sad, because probably 95% of members are good people with the right motives who've been grossly misled by a few..........
As for censoring/pulling/deleting this thread - sorry, never heard anything so blatantly potty- the reason this forum exists is because of the censorious Stasi attitude of the BBKA, particularly on their own forum.
As it stands the BBKA management deserves a damn good tongue-lashing, to try to staunch that in any way reeks of Stalinism........

Extinction, not in the least - I would dearly love to see it return to be "what it says on the tin" - a genuinely democratically run national association that puts the interests of bees and beekeepers above all else (particularly above deeply grubby brown envelopery with pesticide companies)....... To that end it needs root and branch change and reorganisation - so sad, because probably 95% of members are good people with the right motives who've been grossly misled by a few..........
As for censoring/pulling/deleting this thread - sorry, never heard anything so blatantly potty- the reason this forum exists is because of the censorious Stasi attitude of the BBKA, particularly on their own forum.
As it stands the BBKA management deserves a damn good tongue-lashing, to try to staunch that in any way reeks of Stalinism........

TONGUE LASHING?
Cheap and easy !
I prefer doers rather than talkers :hat:
Your rants have eclipsed the Comical and strayed in to the realms of the Farcical .
Oh! and you have changed nowt :banghead:

John Wilkinson

Slander??

(particularly above deeply grubby brown envelopery with pesticide companies)

Hi Admin, this rant is getting a little 'too ripe' in my opinion. Many of us have strong feelings about what the BBKA does and does not do. I cannot believe that anyone at the BBKA is accepting bribes which is what the above quotation suggests. I agree that this thread should be terminated. Paranoia seems to be a major mental health issue for one or two site members. As an innocent bystander I would prescribe that some members should spend a few hours just watching their ladies go about their work and gain a little perspective on life.:rant:

I don't think it does suggest that individuals at the BBKA are taking bribes - more that the BBKA as an organisation is acting in a totally unethical manner. Which it is.
And there is a certain amount of trolling going on...
Let the thread run, especially important with new beeks, so that they can be aware before handing over their hard earned cash, of the sort of organisation they might be joining.
Having said that, the education side of the BBKA is stunningly good.

Last edited:
I don't think it does suggest that individuals at the BBKA are taking bribes - more that the BBKA as an organisation is acting in a totally unethical manner. Which it is.
And there is a certain amount of trolling going on...
Let the thread run, especially important with new beeks, so that they can be aware before handing over their hard earned cash, of the sort of organisation they might be joining.
Who then would be the recipients of "quoted brown envelopes "then if not a member/members ?

I think it's long past the time for this constant reiterating of unfounded accusations to cease .
Let's get back to beekeeping .
I don't normally rise to the bait but occasionally fall for it :iamwithstupid:

John Wilkinson

Let's be clear John, the BBKA does accept £17500 per year for endorsement of pesticides. That is absolute fact, not unfounded accusation.

You're comparing the BBKA to one of the most oppressive and brutal secret police organisations in history?? Good grief.

brian bush
as an innocent bystander your entitled to your opinion,but you then cannot say that someone else is not entitled to say what there opinions are becase in your words its getting "too ripe" and bordering on "paranoia".
you have your say and just move on to the next thread.

Latest posts

Back