BBKA holds old dears to ransom!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave your bees alone , promise you won't obtain replacements for losses and let's see how long you last , not very I suspect.

I don't know if that was meant for me, but if so I'm actually contributing in no small way to the population and certainly don't need them from elsewhere - exactly the opposite.

BTW. I should have said before when I showed the Dadant photos that I put open mesh floors in TBH's as well - the entire bottom apart from a small strengthening frame.

Chris

I don't know if that was meant for me, but if so I'm actually contributing in no small way to the population and certainly don't need them from elsewhere - exactly the opposite.

BTW. I should have said before when I showed the Dadant photos that I put open mesh floors in TBH's as well - the entire bottom apart from a small strengthening frame.

Chris
Actually No I wasn't referring to you old son :)
but if the cap fits ,wear it :p
Back to you, If you think you are helping in some way, fine , until of course your varroa laden colonies become too weak to swarm and or, your swarms are missed and are too weak to prosper in the wild .
Don't tell me you wont miss any, especially using the "leave em alone " ideology .

John Wilkinson

I'll miss the ones that go to high in the trees, otherwise I'm here right where they are - it's a bit hard to miss a swarm taking to the air and a bit less of the varroa laden, cheap shot and you have no evidence for it.

Have I insulted you? No, I don't think so, so back of.

Chris

I'll miss the ones that go to high in the trees, otherwise I'm here right where they are - it's a bit hard to miss a swarm taking to the air and a bit less of the varroa laden, cheap shot and you have no evidence for it.

Have I insulted you? No, I don't think so, so back of.

Chris

What happened to the Gallic shrug ? Not caught up with it yet?
I don't remember insulting you ? disagreeing yes !.
Ask for backing of (I think you mean backing off) you have chosen the wrong fellow .
No evidence ?. This will become self evident to you as time goes on :rofl:.

John Wilkinson

given that Bayvarol now no longer works (scientifically proven stuff that!)

Bayvarol (and Apistan) don't work in some areas, those areas are not all areas everywhere and not even all areas in the UK with long established Varroa.

Or maybe I'm reading your statement the wrong way and this was this intended as declaring that Bayvarol and other synthetic pyrethroids in general don't work at all...despite them being one of the most widely used and understood pesticides.

Like mentioned on another thread, problems have been caused by poor or incorrect use of these treatments and not the product themselves.

Just to be semantically pedantic, I find it ironic that totally "scientifically proven" remedies such as "Bayvarol" has government agencies issuing maps to show where it is no longer effective..........
I thought it was Americans who didn't "get" irony...........:biggrinjester:

Beekeeping!

This is crazy stuff going on here!

The irony in government products!

I'll miss the ones that go to high in the trees, otherwise I'm here right where they are - it's a bit hard to miss a swarm taking to the air and a bit less of the varroa laden, cheap shot and you have no evidence for it. I've been "organic" all my life and have no intention of changing now you know what I mean? Quite years ago there were swarms all over ,every early summer .then varroa arrived and as it spread throughout the land the incidence of swarming began to lessen and still is lessening !,in spite of the recent influx of newbies whose talents haven't been honed yet to the point of proper swarm control. If you don't try something you won't know and as I've made clear I will always go for the minimum intervention and non use of drugs and chemicals.

All the Above I agree with, sorry if It was repeated a few times though,

Cheers!

http://www.beekeepingpassion.com/is-a-beekeeping-guide-necessary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back