Barometer pressure.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Ours is reading 30.7+ inches which is to say a touch higher than 30.7, gone up four points since 8 am.

Anyone else seeing it this high as it is a record for us here.

PH

Local, we have

0.8 °C SE 8mph Vis. 35 km

1041 hPa, Rising

High but not exceptional though clear skies and heavy frost.

While on the subject.

Severe Weather Warning for the South West for anyone interested.

How old is that barometer Polyhive and have you recalibrated it recently? See you're 1039.6 on conversion on net.

Last edited:
3.5c temp, 45% hum, 1041.4 hpa. Might even get to 1050 on the pressure.

1041 in North Notts. Too high for snow at the moment.
If it does snow tomorrow I expect a dramatic fall in the reading

Just had a look at conversion chart. that is 30.741 (old money)

Last edited:
Just checked ours is 30.5 now. It has not changed since this morning. I reset the pointer last night, last time I reset it was only 29.5 that would be last weekend I think.

1020 and falling quite rapidly... MINUS 9 last night
Bright Sun vis excellent can see BA's Dartmoor apiary all covered in snow !

aghh - forgot to reset ours when we moved from 600ft to sea level.

Wind 5.5 mph W. Barometer 1038.3 mb, Falling slowly. Temperature 2.1 °C Humidity 66% Visibility is miles, can see the French cliffs :)

30.75 here in north london, 33F 22F over night

the high pressure is cause by the cold air being denser so the column of air above you is heavier than normal....its near 32" in siberia

2˚ at present. It was -4 this morning though -9 at Shap, 10 miles away. Pressure1039/30.68 and falling.
It's been a beautiful sunny day but oh so cold. Snowdrops and Hellebores look frozen in an almost Narnia-esk predicament.

It was up to 1068! in central Russia last week. That is what is causing this big problem in Europe.

It is cold here and frosty, Yar estuary frozen, any danger of a cuddle with SWMBO tonight - thinks not, (certainly from me that is, puppy still in with a chance though - roll on six nations!!).

1041 mb here today and didn't get above -5 C. Was -12 here last night and looking set for the same again! Beautiful day though and felt quite warm sat in the sun for a while.

:nature-smiley-016:

30.75 here in north london, 33F 22F over night

the high pressure is cause by the cold air being denser so the column of air above you is heavier than normal....its near 32" in siberia

HHmm, needs work for purity. :)

Thanks for that Norton. I caught on the news a couple of days ago that the atmospheric pressure reading in parts of Russia were an all time record, but missed the figure.

They gave the pressure and then said it was an all time record, which of course caught my attention. :)

reached 30.85 here at top, now dropping, interesting enjoyed the stars but last night the moon had an amazing big halow- weather change had started and temp had gone from -6.1'C to -2.0'C 7 till 10 that was...

Latest posts

Back