B.J.Engineering?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are B. J. Engineering and Beehive bits the same company? The parts on the website looks very similar to those on the flier on dave-cushman.net

I live fairly near to Beehive Bits, and work right next to the address given for B. J. Engineering (although I am not sure where they are). I was not aware that B. J. Engineering existed until now, but had contacted Beehive Bits about parts.

Could be handy. :)

B J engineering no longer exists.....taken over and now called beehive bits....
http://beehivebits.co.uk/ Sara is the lady that takes and sorts the orders,but can sometimes be hard to get hold of because of having young children and doing this at the same time....so if you call and leave a message she will call back.

B J engineering no longer exists.....taken over and now called beehive bits.... http://beehivebits.co.uk/

Ah thanks - that makes sense. Possibly not worth me going for a walk at lunchtime to try and find them then :D

Sara is the lady that takes and sorts the orders,but can sometimes be hard to get hold of because of having young children and doing this at the same time....so if you call and leave a message she will call back.

She responds to E-Mails, but sometimes takes a day or two.

Purchased some bits from them last week.

Goods fitted the bill fine, delivery OK, prices good, but they do need to look at their packaging. Sharp metal bits in poly bag?

Bought some hive roof metals from them. Excellent quality and service.
They did say on collection that they will make rooves etc to any size required.
Would be interested in Slotted Metal Queen Excluders if their prices are as good as for the roof metals......

Thanks Paul,

Good information. A bit more of what this forum needs and a good deal more useful than petty spats over technique.

I'm not sure I like the way you wrote that message, Apis...

:boxing_smiley:

I tried to purchase some parts a few years back and it took him months to even reply to the request and as we ran out of time, I purchased the parts from Thomas in France. I told him then that I would never ask for his products again.
Best regards
Norton.

I tried to purchase some parts a few years back and it took him months to even reply to the request and as we ran out of time, I purchased the parts from Thomas in France. I told him then that I would never ask for his products again.
Best regards
Norton.

Hi,

I had a similar experience -to a point...but when the goods finally arrived (all good quality) he also enclosed a cheque for a full refund with a note explaining that he'd been ill. So I returned the cheque (being self employed I've found myself in a similar situation on a couple of occassions) but believe me, he did try his hardest to get me to except.

Did I ever buy from him again? Yes, a couple of times with no problem.

Best,
Roland

I am sure there was a thread a while back saying he was ill ?

Anyone got any feedback over the last few months ?
With a name change and a new website I am thinking things may of changed.

Yes i'm sure Brian had problems.....but nothing to do with him now,and no problems.

HI,
I mentioned earlier this year when this thread started that Brian had retired due to ill health and the business had been taken over by a young couple.

They now trade the business as Bee Bits and from a new site at Forest Farm Cottage Industries, Forest Farm, Fockbury Road, Dodford B61 9AW. Also a new phone number 01527 861718. They have a web site, beehivebits.co.uk.

Exellent service, realistic prices and I, for one, would highly recommend them.
Paul.

I have used Beehivebits recently to order some mouseguards which seemed to be of good quality and sufficient for the task, I am planning on ordering hive rails and castellated spacers when I know what my requirements are and may try some of their plastic super frames as well.

I have contacted Sarah but by email and phone and as someone else has stated she does have young children so is unavailable during school-run times. There was a slight hiccup with non-delivery but it was swiftly rectified by them and was then delivered the next day by courier and I suspect at a loss to them too.

Regards
Jim

I understand that the ill health was the result of a bad road traffic accident and that the young couple are family, but I could be wrong on either or both counts.

All the reports I have had seem to indicate that they value service, although can be swamped as they are a small business.

I am pleased things are getting sorted out as they always seemed to offer a good bit of metal.

Latest posts

Back