autumn in the South East

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, they were the days, a swede with a candle in it, and a carved face.

Dual purpose too, we carried one to light fireworks.

And stick a banger in your mates and blow it to bits.:)

Ps. I have a bowl of sweets ready ;), none of your toys, novelties etc. to impress the people dragging their kids round mind.

I should be heading up north then. Last year we returned from trick-or-treating with only a few bread sticks to show for our efforts at terrifying our neighbours!

Ben P

Now if you want to do Halloween properly, bin the American trashy import stuff and plastic cauldrons, get across to Whitby, N.Yorks, for the Halloween Goths weekend, you want to see dressing up in style .... some pretty amazing garb on show. Great atmosphere ta'boot

Bee relevance rating: zero :)

Last edited:
Trick or Treat

Never quite got trick or treating....don't we spend all year telling our kids not to take sweets from strangers...........

Never quite got trick or treating....don't we spend all year telling our kids not to take sweets from strangers...........

For some time have had the urge (so far controlled) to wrap up laxitive chocolate as nice single portions for the special teenage 'aggressve' trick or treaters :rofl: Wife has always veto'd ;)

When they ask, "Trick or Treat"

Reply, "Oh, I'll have a treat please.":)

Now if you want to do Halloween properly, bin the American trashy import stuff and plastic cauldrons, get across to Whitby, N.Yorks, for the Halloween Goths weekend, you want to see dressing up in style .... some pretty amazing garb on show. Great atmosphere ta'boot
Bee relevance rating: zero :)

Ah! Whitby , many's the hour I've spent fishing the North Sea out of Whitby !
Harvester was the boat Brian Smith the skipper.
Happy days ;)

John Wilkinson

For some time have had the urge (so far controlled) to wrap up laxitive chocolate as nice single portions for the special teenage 'aggressve' trick or treaters :rofl: Wife has always veto'd ;)

Funny did something similar while at uni...someone kept pinching my milk...didn't do it again though!!
TeeHee

Picture a row of white terraced cottages, each with an oak door fitted with a large brass drop latch.
We used to thread a strong rope through all the handles, pull it tight , tie it off . We then gathered all the door mats, shuffled them and piled them up at one end. Next we ran down the row kicking each door as we passed . Result MAYHEM !!.
After the occupants had worked out how to get out, the real fun started !
This was watching and listening to all these genteel ladies arguing over which mat belonged to which cottage from our vantage point hidden in a ditch . When it got really heated (each lady claiming that the newer of the mats belonged to them ) the language had to be heard to be believed. :leaving:.
Another trick was to find some dog poo, scrape onto the latch, drop a drawing pin in it (point upwards) and again lie in the ditch,. As it was black out and we always chose a dark night ,the unsuspecting occupant would press the latch , get stabbed in the thumb causing them to stick their thumb into their mouth.
You can imagine the cursing and retching that went on.
Silence reigned amongst us kids ,for if discovered we would have had hell beaten out of us :rofl::rofl:

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back