Apple Sauce !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prittstick

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Any help appreciated here.
My honey jars of choice come complete and full of Tesco "value" apple sauce!!

Question ...instead of binning the sauce could it be used to make bee candy?

Shame to waste it..

Many thanks

P

Yup, shame to waste it, but the texture is probably not even good for eating with custard.

I can see though that you will have invented a way to rapidly get to beekeeper winter weight.

What you need is bees, experience and a gross of honey jars. Just get yourself one of your apple sauce jars and a 1lb honey jar (or whatever size you think is the equivalent) and ensure that the volume is the same. if it is not, then you are in the wilderness, because your public won't buy a jar of honey that isn't filled and if it's too small then trading standards will have your hide, and your house.

Even rug rats will only eat so much custard and apple sauce. It might be OK for family and close friends, but honestly a jar with a lid comes in at around 25p ready to go, without any label scraping or slugs :)

Any help appreciated here.
My honey jars of choice come complete and full of Tesco "value" apple sauce!!

Question ...instead of binning the sauce could it be used to make bee candy?

Shame to waste it..

Many thanks

P

Expecting loads of honey I see ? :smilielol5:
VM

If you're happy to eat it then why not sweeten it up a bit and put it in a pie? Mix with some other fruit for a better texture?

Cheapest jars for re-use at home are the T*co value lemon curd, currently 22p/411g. It tastes awful so dump it on the compost heap, rinse with bicarb solution to get rid of any lemony smell.

Thanks all for the ideas and advice.

Will check out the lemon curd jars at T**co.

The apple sauce jars coming in at 42p! But just my size....

Cheers all :)

Latest posts

Back