Apparently angry bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are concerned about the bees - it isn't a bad idea to get avery experienced beekeeper to have a look over them - just to make sure it isn't you in your beginners enthusiasm. Mind you, it's not to say older beeks aren't scared of agressive bees .... I have been known to match Usain Bolt's 100m sprint when being followed by a few ferals !

I have no problem managing bees but have to admit I have been twitched the last few weeks when the wasps are around after my little dash into woods after trying to destroy a ground nest last month.

Hi Jim,

Even if I stand in their flight path (not directly in front of the hive entrance) they just bump into me and then fly around.

This is (so far) the biggest problem I've had especially with bees that are so focused on getting out and getting back. At first it was slightly worrying but now I don't pay too much attention other than checking they're not caught up in hair, clothes etc.:)

Neighbours the other side, I have got them all to come with me (suited up) and open up the hive. They all love it.

We do the same, having bought a couple of 'spare suits', if any of the neightbours want to see the bees close up, we willingly let them. So far the reaction has been one of surprise at the docility of them together with the fascination to see inside a hive. :grouphug:

Encourage all 6 neighbours to start beekeeping too !!

One of the neighbours who came to see the bees is keen to start keeping bees and is fully planning to do so next year. :)

bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back