Apiguard and low stores

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've not seen it, then I don't feel so bad.

We came to the conclusion that we had to feed, since our records had shown declining stores for four weeks and two of the hives had nothing left. I felt that we could feed and deal with the consequences later or not feed and deal with a box of dead bees.

I was starting to worry that we had a bunch of lazy good-for-nothing bees who couldn't be bothered to go and get nectar!

i undestand that John mumford the SE herts chairman has put out a general " beware Low Stores " and his area must be adjacent to you

i has two italain queens this year so dont know if this is affecting the stores but all my hives are low

Last edited:
I get the impression you've put apiguard on while the wet supers are on

A) Isn't this providing too much space for the apiguard to be effective, and
B) isn't there a danger the supers will get contaminated?

Or have I misunderstood?

they are only on for one day, just the last two supers per hive, rest have been extracted earlier never tasted Thymol in the honey

they came off tonight after 24hrs , but the bees are in a funny mood must be the forthcoming bad weather, or 24hrs of apiguard :smilielol5:

i tied them down and checked for gaps and weather proof

Last edited:
i undestand that John mumford the SE herts chairman has put out a general " beware Low Stores " and his area must be adjacent to you

i has two italain queens this year so dont know if this is affecting the stores but all my hives are low

I've just heard third-hand that another keeper in the area is also having the same problem.

Latest posts

Back