Apiary density with 10km

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be being dumb, but where on Beebase do you find what apiaries are near you?
you can't - it just gives you the numbers. Just log in to your beebase account, Go to 'my Apiaries' and apiary density is shown in column 4

you can't - it just gives you the numbers. Just log in to your beebase account, Go to 'my Apiaries' and apiary density is shown in column 4
Thanks, found it now - 142!
At least there should be plenty of drones (if it vaguely resembles reality).
Though this equates to an area of 120 square miles!!

Some are over the hills in Cheshire - so posh bees.

What a wonderful deserted area you live in:)

For my three apiaries i have the following densities reported on Bee Base:

The last one is my isolation/swarm Apiary!

Too many beekeepers here in Surrey.

My count is 442, that sounds a lot but is actually less than 1.5 per sq km, which sounds OK as an area for my, currently 2, colonies. How would we determine the density that would become problematic, it must depend on the level of resources at this time and also the size of the apiaries. I suspect most around me are small hobbyist apiaries with 1-5 hives, but is that information available to us? (It is in beebase since we can/should maintain the hive counts for our apiaries.)

My home apiary is 121, the out apiary is 161.

When I've checked on the BeeBase Disease Incidence page, which shows outbreaks going back 20 years or so, there haven't been any within miles of my home apiary and none within about 15km of my out apiary.
Only a matter of time..

Latest posts

Back