Anything new on beekeeping software front?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickbowyer

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Some hives and a few nucs
This may have been done to death and pencil & paper maybe king but is there any new beekeeping inspection software out there? None I have tried has suited as just seem to be graphical interface for spreadsheet type data. I have mostly stopped using them as they seem unable to cope with basic swarm control manipulations such as nucleus method, Pagden or using split boards, without generating an associated box of bees which can then either be reunited or then be generated as a new independent colony. Am I asking too much? Also is Beetight still supported?

There is a Norwegian company, which have made a software quite a few of us in Norway use. It's also available in English: Electronic Hive Record - hiverecord.com might be something worth looking into.

It's not an app, so you need to have a data plan, and coverage in your apiary. And, I would recommend using a stylus-pen with your phone or tablet and use a phone/tablet that you can rinse easily

This may have been done to death and pencil & paper maybe king but is there any new beekeeping inspection software out there? None I have tried has suited as just seem to be graphical interface for spreadsheet type data. I have mostly stopped using them as they seem unable to cope with basic swarm control manipulations such as nucleus method, Pagden or using split boards, without generating an associated box of bees which can then either be reunited or then be generated as a new independent colony. Am I asking too much? Also is Beetight still supported?
Have you looked at airtable - let’s you set up you’re own fields.

Put one of those (HIVE) security systems in hives with the ring door camera and temp control + alexa and the little sods have propilised the lot and left note that they donot like being spied on:laughing-smiley-004

Back