Anyone used Vitafeed?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I tried to start this thread off last week but it didn't germinate. The manufacturers of vitafeed make some pretty strong claims. Varroa repellent,anti-bacterial,fungicidal, colony boosting etc. Have any of you guys any experience with it? seems pretty price at twleve quid odd for 250ml.

I tried to start this thread off last week but it didn't germinate. The manufacturers of vitafeed make some pretty strong claims. Varroa repellent,anti-bacterial,fungicidal, colony boosting etc. Have any of you guys any experience with it? seems pretty price at twleve quid odd for 250ml.

Vita feed Green is essential oil that have bacterail properties and varroa proerties .their claim:

Enhanced liquid feed for honeybees
VFGreen stimulates colony development
Based on the essential oils of Walnut, Thyme, Marjoram and
Wild marjoram
VFGreen stabilises bee gut pH to within the optimum range (6.3-6.6)
VFGreen provides a wide spectrum of protection: Fungicidal,
Bactericidal, Antioxidant and Varroa repellen

whether a hivemakers thymol ( thyme oil) feed additive (see sticky) or my mix of essential oils with bacterial properties such as tee tree oil, manuka oil ,lemon grass oil plus magnesium and Calclium ascobic acid ( Vitamin C) has simialr effect has yet to proved and Likley will ever be proved

Thymol seems to be all that is needed,will make your bee's live a little longer as well, and of course much cheaper.Also plays havoc with the varroa mites breeding,acts systemically.

Last edited:
I used it , having previously fed just 1 : 1 sugar syrup , and the bees wouldn't touch it. After 5 days i replaced with the sugar syrup and that went in 24 hours.

:iagree::iagree:

Mine would not touch it, gave them syrup gone in 24 hrs :beatdeadhorse5:

John D

Latest posts

Back