Anybody want to help look after a beehive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natureboy44

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
As much as I have tried to get used to working around the bees I can't get comfortable and now they are not getting the checks or proper attention they need.
They are at the bottom of our long garden in Braintree Essex and out of the way from people. I am currently considering selling them or possibly keeping them here if there is somebody who who is willing to help look after them or maybe there is someone who wants some hand on experience with a hive and doesn't have the opportunity.

They are currently living in a 11 frame national beehive

Why not just make contact with the secretary of the Braintree Beekeepers’ Association, a part of the Essex Beekeepers’ Association (EBKA).

As much as I have tried to get used to working around the bees I can't get comfortable and now they are not getting the checks or proper attention they need.
They are at the bottom of our long garden in Braintree Essex and out of the way from people. I am currently considering selling them or possibly keeping them here if there is somebody who who is willing to help look after them or maybe there is someone who wants some hand on experience with a hive and doesn't have the opportunity.

It seems that a lot of thought and years of research and reading has not gone into it before you decided to get a hive of bees..the best thing for you to do imo is sell them or get some one to help you and you may gain confidence with a experienced calm beekeeper showing you the ropes...

Last edited:

My Mum lives in Braintree, and i pop by and see here at least once a week, but i have only been keeping bees for a few years my self, so would hardly call my self experienced!!

But would be happy to pop by and help if it would give you confidence, they can seem a bit daunting some days, but they are amazing little incests and the taste of your first honey is fantastic :)

Latest posts

Back