any suggestions?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on chaps and chappesses this guy needs help......

Mickleham is near Dorking / Box Hill / Leatherhead in Surrey......

I lived there back in the last century !!!

Last edited:
Then you would probably know Mrs spiller from the top of Pebble hill who was my fathers mentor, he had his hives on boxhill and gave up some years ago, unfortunatly he has dementia and though he can formulate words, they are the wrong ones so he is not in a fit condition to offer instruction or assistance.
Basicly all the people who I once knew as bee gurus are now dead
my current location is Leatherhead surrey, and the hive is located on a platform on top of my garden shed (we have no room in the garden due to an abundance of flowers)

1. where in surrey are you?

edit - your mentorship post answered that!!!

2. you appear to have drones above the super too.

yes they have all been rather naughty and done lots of things they were not suposed to do:mad:

I have checked and removed the excuder, the excluder is complete and not damaged.
I have narowed the hive enterance.

I have moved every one down to the brood chamber, and all is in order and yes I have found a queen, so all is well.
with regards to the coment about catching a swarm I am 3rd generation. know the therory but not the words.
My father has dementia so can not help me, catching a swarm is not rocket sience.
maybe the bee world like the chicken world has become fashionable and over complicated?
it dosnt have to be :)

"maybe the bee world like the chicken world has become fashionable and over complicated?"

Not on this forum it's not!

I'd suggest that it's dead hard to make diagnosis from photographs because of light reflection.

probably yes but I have defected to the another bee forum before I even started, (this is where the sad smiley comes in)
Im sorry but some people seemed they wanted to help others seemed a bit to busy looking down their nose, (dont worry we have chicken people like that too, all book learnt experts)
any way with regards to bees as I understand, both my mother and I can open and work in a hive with no protection, my father could not, they just didnt like him (laughing smiley) so we have to agree to disagree on this and I will bid my farewells.
I wish you all well and would remind you that life knoledge is better than book knoledge, harder to stomach maybe but far more valuable (thumbs up smiley)

Farewell...goodbye.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUytEX_XkE[/ame]

Back