Angry car owner encounter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these smart answers are well and good but he's your neighbour, even if he's a S**T....pardon the pun....
Neighbourhood disputes can get really nasty. Do you want to live with such a cloud over your life all the time, just for the sake of a debatable principle.
I'd move them away and enjoy your bees in peace and quiet.
Anybody with bees in their urban/suburban garden should have a get out apiary.

I agree. Life is too short. Plus having an out apiary can be enjoyable and gets you away from the house during the summer.

I wonder if the fall out from the bombing in the second world war was classified as a public nuisance

I'd be surprised if bees were congregating around bins - it's usually wasps that do that.. Moving the hives a few feet away won't make too much noticable difference to the bomlets the bees drop however it will show willing on your part. Agreeing to pay for cleaning will mean that you'll be doing it for ever - so a non-starter. The car owner can call upon God to clean the car when a seagull dumps on it - or wait for the rain. OR park the car further away. I believe that once bees are outside your property they are not legally yours.
I noticed that Audi do a colour that can losely be described as "bee sh*t orange". I'm trying to persuade my Wife that it would be a good colour to get.

Well the bloke actually left a note with his address on it today rather than just coming round when only my wife was in. He simply asked me to look at the cars around there, they are quite messy he concedes the paint isn't an issue but the fabric top on his car is a bugger to clean.

I've explained I'm waiting for permission to move them to the allotment and he says he doesn't care if it takes a week or a month as long as he knows they're not there forever. Very different from the tone of his note.

Once they've moved I might drop him round a couple of pints of homebrew.

I work on the basis of how people complain.....
If they ask nicely I will listen......

If they start ranting about their "rights" I'd shut the door in their face.
A note through the door would go in the bin.

Well the bloke actually left a note with his address on it today rather than just coming round when only my wife was in. He simply asked me to look at the cars around there, they are quite messy he concedes the paint isn't an issue but the fabric top on his car is a bugger to clean.

I've explained I'm waiting for permission to move them to the allotment and he says he doesn't care if it takes a week or a month as long as he knows they're not there forever. Very different from the tone of his note.

Once they've moved I might drop him round a couple of pints of homebrew.

Is he the only one who has complained?

Is he the only one who has complained?

Yes he is, the notes said things about 'solving the problem himself' - which is threatening but since I should hear about the allotment this weekend I'm happy to let him think he's won, I've got an opportunity to stop the situation escalating so I'll take it even if I do think he's a ****

The only neighbour who I thought would really have cause to complain were the ones who got my swarm and they just found the situation funny.

Yes he is, the notes said things about 'solving the problem himself' - which is threatening

Not using a car cover then? Or taking the time to park elsewhere?

I must be lucky to have my bees in a small garden with neighbours both sides taking an interest, even reporting how they have been during the day while I have been out. Even the washing just a metre away doesn't cause a problem so even the Mrs is happy :)

the notes said things about 'solving the problem himself'
Tell him you are going to get a court injunction to stop him making what appear to be threats to do something to your bees.

Tell the local papers that a neighbour is threatening to take action against your bees because they pooed on his car........Should cause a laugh from other neighbours.

Attachments

• Bee Poo..jpg
    Bee Poo..jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
We sent bombers in retaliation. A few complaints from a miserable git doesn't even come close :)

That was because my Mum got blown off her bike when she didnt go to the shelter on her way home from work...

There seem to be an awful lot of you posting here who won't accept that your hobby might somehow be a nuisance to your neighbours, and that if someone complains he's unreasonable, and he should do everything he can to accommodate you.. Grow up, the lot of you.

bee poo

There seem to be an awful lot of you posting here who won't accept that your hobby might somehow be a nuisance to your neighbours, and that if someone complains he's unreasonable, and he should do everything he can to accommodate you.. Grow up, the lot of you.

I agree even though some things can be a (thorn) in your side.

Its only a nuisance to him because of his car hood (so he says)............ one of my neigbours complained about poo on her car and the council officer suggested she park it somewhere else.
I have to put up with what other people do that annoys others...Bloody dog barking for hours on end......BBQ's........ coming home drunk and noisy at 2 in the morning...loud music........ waking me up at 5.30 in the morning when they go to work..... sitting outside in their car blowing the horn because they cant get past the ambulance thats come to me when I collapsed...... intials carved on the bootlid of my car............

There's a difference about complaining and complaining with threats about what they're going to do....

I would leave a toilet roll with a nice ribbon around it on his doorstep,
with a 'Sorry I've had a little Accident' note signed Queen Bee.

or

I would get out my spare Bee Suit, and start inviting all my neighbours round to have a look at the Bees.
After the viewing give them a small jar of Honey (a very small jar).

Its only a nuisance to him because of his car hood (so he says)............ one of my neigbours complained about poo on her car and the council officer suggested she park it somewhere else.
I have to put up with what other people do that annoys others...Bloody dog barking for hours on end......BBQ's........ coming home drunk and noisy at 2 in the morning...loud music........ waking me up at 5.30 in the morning when they go to work..... sitting outside in their car blowing the horn because they cant get past the ambulance thats come to me when I collapsed...... intials carved on the bootlid of my car............

There's a difference about complaining and complaining with threats about what they're going to do....

Are you sure you don't live in Blackpool?:spy:

Grow up, the lot of you.

Well said!
Not everyone shares the beekeeping addiction and they have the right to enjoy their property just as we have the right to enjoy ours. This thread seems to be decending to an assertion of one persons rights over the others when it is not necessary. Surely, an ammicable arrangement is better?

and they have the right to enjoy their property
nobody is saying they arent but what a petty little thing to whinge about....

Surely, an ammicable arrangement is better?

amicable being that car owner gets what he wants and beek is deprived of their bees?

Latest posts

Back