Angry farmer wants me to move hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then raise objections when he has to apply for planning permission?

Often, in my experience, it has been the other way round - new houses adjacent to a farmyard and the influx of townies complaining of 'odours', or similar, from the farm.

RAB

I'm not sure why he'd need planning. The stables have been there for 20+ years, just vancant for a long time. Would be need planning to start using them again?

I think you will find that although this may be a Permitted Development, it does have to be taken through the Local Authority as the usage is not agricultural. The farmer will be making money out of this building from a non-agricultural source and both the LA will want to tax him on this and so will the income tax people. I suggest you give your local Planning Department a call and see if in fact the farmer can make this conversion without approval - and certainly you may be able to get some of your own back by fingering him for taxes.

Rob
I agree, this must surely come under the heading, "Change of use", and therefore require permission.

I'm not sure why he'd need planning. The stables have been there for 20+ years, just vancant for a long time. Would be need planning to start using them again?
Definitely change of use, if individuals are renting the building. Increased traffic/noise and light polution.

Was a bat survey conducted on the empty building before the horses moved in?
Any lighting beyond dusk can interfere with the bats foraging and disturb their roost, this would be illegal.

Check the address for the farm on the Council website planning page. This will give the planning history for the site. Then contact the Planning Enforcement Dept (all enforcement complaints are confidential), this should be possible on line. Also speak to the County Eccology dept at your county council.

I assume that you are registered on beebase?

wheres hedgerows great plan.

in the middle of the night move live bee hive to some where else replace with empty be hive and torment the farmer every time he goes past by standing next to it flailing your arms about in a bee mass stinging , lol

train bees to attact the farmer?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOXQ8MQaAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGOXQ8MQaAw[/ame]

At the start of this thread I thought well, I would offer to rent them myself at a reduce rate but longer period of time and then sublet to other beekeepers for an out apiary. However clearly your farmer knows some of the same ones as round here. Thick as pig @**t and only interested in sitting on their arses in air conditioned cabs in one vehicle or another. Or just killing stuff. I meet a lot of them and banjo playing webfooters is an insult to banjo playing webfooters. Hold a grudge like a woman who has been seen off by Argos and never learn unless it involves personal loss.

That said they are very very pleasant until you p one off. Then they get all stupid and smug. If they can't win they resort to bullying and if that fails they take revenge.

Your particular farmer will never back down. The above opinion will no doubt bring forth the clueless "yeah but" people who always seem to feel the need to say "geralisation" "sweeping statement" blah blah blah. He will never back down and every time you see him he will smirk. Just to rub it in. It's not because he is a farmer it's because this is how the human race is going now. Can't have my own way - tantrum, threats, legal threats, throw money at it via solicitor, sulk, violence, apathetic police involvement, intimidation thereafter. If it were me and I had the dosh, I'd try and buy it. Farmers lose a grudge when they hear the russle of notes.

Latest posts

Back