Angry car owner encounter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amicable being that car owner gets what he wants and beek is deprived of their bees?

No. That would not be an equitable solution. I am sure that, if the neighbour is a reasonable person and understands all the facts, a mutually beneficial solution could be found without either party being deprived of anything

No. That would not be an equitable solution. I am sure that, if the neighbour is a reasonable person and understands all the facts, a mutually beneficial solution could be found without either party being deprived of anything

Buy him a plastic cover for his car hood?

if its a enclosed car park and everyone has an allotted car space have you not got one, as each house should be allocated one to each property could you not swap with yours, if you haven't got one tell him you are going to apply for one and you could swap, just a thought

There you go...we don't need egos. We just need to treat each other with respect

at least it shows willing on the beeks part, but I bet the car owner would reject the offer on the grounds of the work involved fitting and removing it and he might be worried that the other neighbours think his roof leaks and cant afford to repair it..

if its a enclosed car park and everyone has an allotted car space have you not got one, as each house should be allocated one to each property could you not swap with yours, if you haven't got one tell him you are going to apply for one and you could swap, just a thought

I think it was said that it was a dedicated space......unlike where I live and they are just classed as council controlled parking spaces unless its in your garden.

don't forget that neighbour disputes need to be mentioned when selling houses and this will lower the values of the properties. Especially if the council has been involved.

at least it shows willing on the beeks part, but I bet the car owner would reject the offer.
This may be true but I don't think it is for us to prejudge anything. I don't see it as a sign of weakness to look for a solution to the problem. It is a sign of maturity

don't forget that neighbour disputes need to be mentioned when selling houses and this will lower the values of the properties. Especially if the council has been involved.

I have had disagreements with my neighbours. Who hasn't? However, if they can be resolved rather than allowed to fester, there would be nothing to disclose.

sounds like this one is festering though

sounds like this one is festering though

In the minds of some...although, the original poster has been silent for some time. Perhaps it has blown over.

Edit: oops. I scrolled through some posts and missed more recent ones. I think a move to the allotment is really a temporary measure. Mine didn't do well on an allotment but you may have a less exposed site.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to carry out the ploy of if the bees get moved, to not tell the neighbour and wait to see if he still complains.

It would be interesting to carry out the ploy of if the bees get moved, to not tell the neighbour and wait to see if he still complains.

I once had an allotment and was summoned to the parish office to explain why my allotment was such a mess. When I was shown photographs that the complainant had said were of my allotment, it was clear from the allignment and other landmarks that they were actually of the next allotment down from mine. He looked a real fool.

I think it was said that it was a dedicated space......unlike where I live and they are just classed as council controlled parking spaces unless its in your garden.

dedicated and allotted in my view is the same as the op said

and that my bees are swarming round the bins ( also directly over the fence ) - untrue I'm pretty sure and he's going to tell environmental health as this is a residential area and it shouldn't be allowed

Might be worth having a quick look to see if tree bumblebees have moved into one of the bins. If the council ask about it just point out there's nothing in the bins to attract honeybees.

On no account would I offer honey, cleaning services or anything.
To do so could be used as an admission of guilt/liability, which could then lead to legal action being taken for compensation or nuisance.

If he has a case let him prove it first,
On another note, if he choses to repeatedly park on a public highway in a place where nature drops things on his car, that's his problem.. . . . .

Sounds like a propper A5501e.

How big is he??

I'm not exactly a weakling but he looks like alternates between steroids and beer. But that's beside the point ( if he gets physical I'll just let him hit me then call the police ) - I can solve this without trouble - hopefully.

Just put in the full list of what I intend to do down the allotment to house bees, the chairman thinks it's just a formality ( he's already asked if I would take on more hives as someone in the next town is looking to rehome ), once that's through I'll move one of the hives down there and hive 2 will simply vanish - it's going into the workshop where it won't be visible and the flight path will be straight across our own drive.

I've had a lot of encounters with other neighbours this weekend - two swarms in the area ( not mine ) and they are all fine about it, if anyone else had raised the car issue politely I'd have just asked them to give me a bucket of soap and water every Sunday morning

Might be worth having a quick look to see if tree bumblebees have moved into one of the bins. If the council ask about it just point out there's nothing in the bins to attract honeybees.

The bin doesn't contain traces of honey such as residues in empty jars I trust?

He's claiming it's cost him 1800 quid to replace his soft top.......... !

That may be true, but if he says the bees were the reason he had to replace it, he's a liar.

What would he do if a pigeon crapped on his car?

Latest posts

Back