Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

DulwichGnome 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
8 & 5 nucs all Rose
Hi all, is anyone living in the Kew area that whats a site on an allotment? I have had an answer to my post on the Landshare site and it's a bit far for me to look after. PM me and I send you the details.

Mike.

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi all, is anyone living in the Kew area that whats a site on an allotment? I have had an answer to my post on the Landshare site and it's a bit far for me to look after. PM me and I send you the details.

Mike.
PM Tom Bick, he sells his Beehives just down the A4 from Kew in Hounslow , he might know someone

steve1958 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Bit too far for me bee-smillie

T

Tom Bick 

I was contacted by the same person through landshare and I dont think it is a great idea its one thing having bees on your own allotment its quite another having one on a complete strainers I had to walk on egg shells a few times round my hive at times I doubt that they realise what is involved. I know Kew well and I dont think they are talking about Kew Gardens but I am not aware of an allotment site I bet its really smart and a few holders have gardeners doing the site for them a bit harsh but its lots of money.
I did a few months back get a site 15 mins from the workshop a large urban community growing site with room for up to 3 hives and the whole site linked to wildlife and a strong emphasis on education its so urban that a good bit of the forage will include Heathrow Airport so there will be atleast two extra flight paths into Heathrow. Its a good site for me but I still prefer a corner of a farmers field in a more rural location and also create plan B that will happen in time.

Latest posts