Allergy question.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milkermel,
You and the others have been wonderful and thank you all, I value your support.
You will never guess what happened tonight. My friend and beekeeper in my village came around for a little scotch ( the French love scotch) to discuss my problem.
He has offered to take my hives to his "field" where he has a few hives. We can go there together and learn from and help each other. So I will not have them in my garden and I will always have some one with me. We decided that we would both benefit from this arrangement and my french will improve as well.
This is not the end of the story but it is a step in the right direction. I will still need to go through the medical thingy. But to night with all of your good comments and my friend Guy I feel that my bees and I may still have a life together.
Am feeling somewhat emotional - forgive me, some comments have indicated how stubborn beeks can be - perhaps I am showing these signs hi hi
Thank you and tell you how it goes later

thanks Michael

That sounds an eminently sensible solution and wish you all the luck in the world, but don't forget to get an epipen just in case.
Louise

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get on the desensitisation programme?

...and they want payment up front, even in an emergency...

Best of luck, Michael

Are you on anti-inflammatory drugs?

Search on here for a long thread that gives info ref this.

Also ref in the BMJ about same NSAIDs

I had worse symptoms than you and survived.

Look it up on the internet.

Doctors are not that well informed or too bright in many cases so don't take it as bible.

Somebody will dig it out for you I'm sure - if not I'll look when I return later.

All the best.

???????? I don't get it, I don't pay for anything medical in France Michael.

Chris

How's that then, Chris?
I got a prescription this morning, and I had to pay for part of it?

BBG, did you try the programme?

A doctor friend of mine sent me this:

http://www.insectstings.co.uk/immunotherapy.shtml

Thanks for link but doesn't work.

No no programme, think it was due to NSAIDs at time, had 4/5 stings on place at thumb and finger confluence on both hands. Result, barely breathe, itching all over, hives all over, eye sockets swollen.

Kept on keeping bees but used gloves after that.

25 years on, operate bare hands, have been stung, my fault, not bees, no I'll effects apart from swelling but have my eye on sensitivity due to history.Thanks.

The link Micheal is to CMU complémentaire which shows how people below a certain income pay nothing in France for their healthcare, prescriptions, eye-care etc. As I said, we pay nothing.

If you follow the links on the web site to "y avez-vous droit" you will find how a person qualifies for this.

you will find the income levels at..

http://www.securite-sociale.fr/chiffres/baremes/plafondcmu.htm

Finally if you go to "Obtenir la CMU complémentaire en 4 étapes" you will see how to apply.

I hope that's clear Michael if not perhaps contact me directly.

What was the other "post challange", if you point it out I'll respond.

Chris

I should add that in France you are never required to pay up front "even in an emergency".

If this has has happened to you there would appear to be something amiss.

Chris

I should add that in France you are never required to pay up front "even in an emergency".

If this has has happened to you there would appear to be something amiss.

Chris
Chris,
It seems I have offended you in some way.
You can post all the links to the CMU that you want, I'm only quoting form my experiences:
I see the doctor. After the consultation he charges me 23 euros. I go to the pharmacy with a prescription, and I am charges PART of the cost.
My partner had a bad accident necessitating ambulance (fire engine in these rural parts) to hospital. The following morning the hospital admin were on the phone asking how payment would be made. Ditto the cost of the transportation.
I'm not an authority on the French health system, but I assume Chris that you are, or, are employed in the medical sector and I thus bow to your greater knowledge.
If not, then in the interest of the forum, we shall have to agree to disagree as it is tedious and boring for the other members, who are probably not that interested in the French health system, as I posted a comment which I know to be correct.
I joined the beekeeping forum to learn how best to keep bees, not to invite controversy; I'd hoped that your input to the couple of posts/threads I have made would be valuable, since you also live in France.
However, your reply to my post "Leave a full super on in Autumn?" in which you have asked me questions, to which I've replied, remains unanswered;
- and to my introductory post, in response to "Why say no to doing a course?" - your reply was singularly unhelpful as follows:
----------
"1. Brits are often not really welcome here. The view in many parts of France is that there are too many of us and it would be better if we stayed in the UK and just sent our money.

2. You would probably need to join an Association or Co-operative for bee keeping if there is one in your area. Here you may be treated like an *****, (you are a Brit), and often left out.

3. Asking a French person to help you is rarely a good move, trouble is they rarely offer - catch 22.

4. Unless you speak near perfect French you will always be a nuisance".
----------------
Not helpful at all...
One other thing. Just because I am on a British forum and reside in France, does necessarily mean I'm " a Brit" as you put it.

Anyway, Michael, I'm so sorry this has trespassed all over your thread: my advice is, you may get treatment free, but you may not, so go prepared to pay perhaps part of the cost, that's all.

You haven't offended me at all BUT I do live here and have done so for a long time and do understand the workings of the system.

As far as the other thread goes I thought I was merely confirming your experience which was...

I asked four or five different beekeepers over a long period of time, for guidance with starting to keep bees, including one who was doing an introductory beekeeping course, which I was attending.
It seemed to be very "closed shop" and I got no help or advice. They were either downright rude, or at best offhand.
I assume it's because I am not French. I would be interested in how other beekeepers living in France started. Or perhaps they were already beekeepers prior to living in France.

It took me 4 years to a beekeeper at last. The contributors to this forum seem to be knowledgable and willing to help new members which is very refreshing. I for one have learned an enormous amount.
I will never ask a French beekeeper for help.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=141460&postcount=27

Chris

Chris, I will PM you if I may. I don't think it's fair to continue this largely non-beek stuff on someone's thread.
(If I can find out how to PM, that is...:rolleyes: )

Latest posts

Back