AI

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last page of the EU health certificate mentions both honey and bumblebees in the same sentence (see attached)

No check for virus level then... just that the bees are ( purportedly) from an infection ( American foul brood troph. or SHB) free area.

Very worrying that bees could have been bed and breakfasted in a clean area /
No mention of EFB ( is it rife/ endemic in EU?) or any form of viral infection.

I think things need to be tightened up... maybee Brexit will toughen our importation restrictions up!

Nos da

No check for virus level then... just that the bees are ( purportedly) from an infection ( American foul brood troph. or SHB) free area.

Would those checks be done on bees (or any other animal) leaving the UK for any other member state? I doubt that they would.
Remember the "mad cow" problem that curtailed exports of British Beef for so long? If memory serves me right, this was seen as being a British problem but had originated elsewhere in the EU and was already present in herds around Europe.
In any case, this thread is about AI/II - not honeybee disease, so, let's stay on track, shall we?

Last edited:
Would those checks be done on bees (or any other animal) leaving the UK for any other member state? I doubt that they would.
Remember the "mad cow" problem that curtailed exports of British Beef for so long? If memory serves me right, this was seen as being a British problem but had originated elsewhere in the EU and was already present in herds around Europe.
In any case, this thread is about AI/II - not honeybee disease, so, let's stay on track, shall we?

:sorry: AI is the way forward perhaps to keep our isles free of some of the disease that would appear to be a problem on the continent.

I was asking the question if AI was being utilised to produce the incredible number of bumble bee pollinators being imported??

( Thought perhaps it could be a lucrative sideline!!!!)

Yeghes da

:sorry: AI is the way forward perhaps to keep our isles free of some of the disease that would appear to be a problem on the continent.

I was asking the question if AI was being utilised to produce the incredible number of bumble bee pollinators being imported??

( Thought perhaps it could be a lucrative sideline!!!!)

Yeghes da

You have there all diseases. You have there even such diseases what do not even exist.

Only 30 km to continent. But keep your black bees there. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back