Advice on selling my hive of bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello,

Very regrettably I have to sell our lovely bees.

I am still allergic to the sting, I do carry an Epipen, and am still on a course at the hospital, but am just too nervous to go back to them after the anaphylactic shock incident!!, and seems completely unfair to ask my partner to do all the work. We 'might' build up another smaller hive in a few years once my programme has finished so I can get my confidence back.

I would like advice on where to sell them? I have no idea!! Also what price to ask? They are a full hive a brood and a half, with frames, bees, roof, stand, crown board.

many thanks x

You can sell them on here...look under bees and equipment for sale...Either wait for someone to give you a price they are willing to pay (e.g. offers welcome)... or pick a price you would be happy to let it go at.

Such a shame, hope to see you back at some point...:)

Hello Queens59,

Thank you for your help, Ok I might do offers welcome :) and see where thet gets me.

I have tried to go back to them, and failed :( it is such a shame as they are a great hive and work really well for us and we were really getting into them and splitting the hive etc. Then it happened :(

After I went back I just got really stressed and panicked, and could not get near them again :( not as enjoyable as it was in the past.

the plan is to sell our larger hive, get house moving out of the way and start again with a small NUC at the new place so I can do baby steps with a smaller hive.

xx

well, a nuc (which is just at most 6 frames & bees, no box) would cost you upwards of £150/160 at the moment, a full 11 frames probably 200+

Hardware - hive, stand etc, budget unassembled about 150/170 at it's cheapest, 400 at it's top end.

Ok those are new, commercial prices but gives a basis for calculations

so do the math and get a reasonable price, bank it and save it for when you want to start again

Oo thank you davnig that is most helpful, yes I will save for when I am more able to go back to them after my treatment :/

You think best place is to sell on here in the sale bit? Or anywhere else?

Thanks again. x

Oo thank you davnig that is most helpful, yes I will save for when I am more able to go back to them after my treatment :/

You think best place is to sell on here in the sale bit? Or anywhere else?

Thanks again. x

won't do any harm on here, and if you're a member of your local assoc get in touch with the secretary, they should be able to do a group email to members see if anyone is interested (even if you're not a member might be worth contacting local assocs around you - there will def be people wanting bees with them!)

Latest posts

Back