adding supers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all -it will be my first time this year to add more than one super on each hive (thats if this crazy weather stops)- when a super is full -do i then put empty super on top of the full super or under -empty on BB and full on empty super?:eek:

You'll probably get supporters for both, but I think the more usual is to add the new super on top of the full one.

Up to you, like most things to do with how you keep your bees. I put my empty one on top.

The honey in my supers has been going down not up, but hopefully things will pick up as weather looks like it might improve soon

thanks for quick reply -ive had to feed weak colonies last two weeks ! hope it does improve !

thanks for quick reply -ive had to feed weak colonies last two weeks ! hope it does improve !

Sorry but if you have been feeding with a super on then you will have adulterated the honey stored by the bees which makes it more suitable for leaving it with them for feeding purposes and not selling as honey.

Latest posts

Back