A very kind offer - can you help

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
Forum members are so kind to me :)

I have had an offer of 72 jars for free from a very kind forum member ( I shall not name them until I get confirmation that they don't mind ) The problem is they are all the way in Essex. I thought about posting but am informed that would not be suitable as they'll get broken, so here's my question. Are there any forum members who travel the country for work, who pass through Essex and Manchester who would be happy to help get the jars up here? Or does anyone have any other ideas of how I could get hold of them.....I know you are a resourceful lot ;)

I've also had the kind offer of some supers etc from another member. These are a bit easier to get hold of though as I have friends in that region.

There has been a lot of talk recently about forum members being a bit too harsh, but I have been shown nothing but kindness and support. These two offers have taken a lot of the weight from my mind, and i am now looking forward to the next couple of seasons instead of dreading them.

How good is that!!

:party:

Forum members are so kind to me :)

I have had an offer of 72 jars for free from a very kind forum member ( I shall not name them until I get confirmation that they don't mind ) The problem is they are all the way in Essex. I thought about posting but am informed that would not be suitable as they'll get broken, so here's my question. Are there any forum members who travel the country for work, who pass through Essex and Manchester who would be happy to help get the jars up here? Or does anyone have any other ideas of how I could get hold of them.....I know you are a resourceful lot ;)

How wonderful :D

I don't travel far for work, so wouldn't be much help :( But another option is rather than someone necessarily taking it the full distance we could work out a chain system if we need to.

I'll be at Ragley Hall (Alcester in the Midlands) on 2nd August, so could get from there (or South/Central Birmingham area if any other date), towards Staffordshire/Worcestershire areas if this would be of any help.

magic! see I told you to see what turns up on your doorstep ..there are some kind people in this forum;)

I travel to essex quite often but i'm only in aylesbuary area but the offer is there if needed.

I'll be at Ragley Hall (Alcester in the Midlands) on 2nd August, so could get from there (or South/Central Birmingham area if any other date), towards Staffordshire/Worcestershire areas if this would be of any help.

Just rechecked diary and is over weekend of 6th & 7th not 2nd

If a member cannot do a full trip I am sure they could reach you with a few members doing a leg each.

What other equipment are you after Kaz ?

Wow! You are all so kind! We currently have :

one nat brood and super ( brood 1/2 ) then QE, two supers, CB and roof.

I have been given

one nat brood, a super and a roof.

So I imagine we'd be looking at 2 or 3 more supers, a CB and a QE.

I'm wondering whether to keep this kit as my own but use it for the project, then they'd have to get off their backsides still but in the mean time the bees would be adequately housed. Then, once they have the proper kit, I'd have enough to get my very own lovely bees. What do you guys think?

It just irks me that their laziness would result in them being gifted so much kit.

:iagree: Keep it as yours but on loan to the project.
If you need me to collect from Essex i@m going down for a short break to see some family week after next. I'll also donate you a super.
Its only an old green one but perfectly servicable

Just make sure you get a WRITTEN and SIGNED and WITNESSED agreement that this kit is yours, and on LOAN to the project.

PH

I can deliver from Staffordshire (North) to K at Manchester.

What is this project where all the lazy people are?
Don't take this the wrong way , but have some of them recently traveled south to demonstrate?
I will be going from Stratford on Avon to; Wolverhampton next weekend; then to North Wales (possibly as far as *****) sometime in the next three weeks if that helps!
:willy_nilly:

What's wrong with the Welsh spelling for Conway!!!!!

*****, CONWAY, *****,

Think The Welsh Language Board may take a dim view of this ! ! ! ! !:mad:

:iagree: Keep it as yours but on loan to the project.
If you need me to collect from Essex i@m going down for a short break to see some family week after next. I'll also donate you a super.
Its only an old green one but perfectly servicable

Thank you Ashleybee :) That would be a great help. I shall see about arranging tomorrow if that's ok. It's been a long day :)

I suppose I'm being a bit harsh calling them lazy, I think they just don't really get what keeping bees is about and how urgent it is to have equipment to hand. The person I thought knew about beekeeping and approached me actually only did a days introduction. We've gone about this the totally wrong way. I've always said we should have found out more about bees before we planned this group, but all along I was assured that this person knew what they were doing. Oh well, they are here now and doing very well considering.

Thank you all again for your help. You are all so kind :)

not worthy

an alternative of course would be to operate something like the muslim Hawala money transfer system - actual goods won't need to be shipped from essex to manchester, just the promise. so if anyone near Kaz has 72 jars and lids they can spare they could pop them over knowing that at some point in future they'll get replacements.

an alternative of course would be to operate something like the muslim Hawala money transfer system - actual goods won't need to be shipped from essex to manchester, just the promise. so if anyone near Kaz has 72 jars and lids they can spare they could pop them over knowing that at some point in future they'll get replacements.

wow that is a really interesting idea.

The only other option I did think off, was have you looked at interparcel - yes I know it meens spending some money, but I have used it several times now without any problems. Go on line enter size of box they will be in and also weight book it and then it turns up on your door step. Nothing like the cost of royal snail.

I have sent some heavy and large things and it was under £10 worth a thought once you consider the time and energy in trying to arrange a lot of shifting.

Latest posts

Back