A/S and unite at the same time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm, struggling to see what you are trying to achieve here is the queenright colony trying to swarm?
if so, no you can't unite as it will only make things worse
if they're not, unite
pretty pointless splitting the hive to avoid swarming and at the same time increasing the number of bees.
Safer here I think just to treat the two hives as separate issues
As Dani says, if the queenright colony is making QCs, take one QC and give to the Q- one
At the same time, undertake an artificial swarm on the queenright one, such as Pagden, alternatively take the queen away in a nuc and let that hive raise a new queen from a QC as well

I'm, struggling to see what you are trying to achieve here is the queenright colony trying to swarm?
if so, no you can't unite as it will only make things worse
if they're not, unite
pretty pointless splitting the hive to avoid swarming and at the same time increasing the number of bees.
Safer here I think just to treat the two hives as separate issues
As Dani says, if the queenright colony is making QCs, take one QC and give to the Q- one
At the same time, undertake an artificial swarm on the queenright one, such as Pagden, alternatively take the queen away in a nuc and let that hive raise a new queen from a QC as well
Thanks, your suggestion is logical.
It's overwhelming and I have been overthinking. Thought I could do a A/S and unite at the same time. I will treat as separate hives and apply an action to each individually.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back