A nice surprise

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All. The nice surprise i had yesterday was to watch the queen inspecting a cell and then laying an egg in the cell. I was in the middle of an inspection when this happened. Also there were two bees doing a waggle dance on the same frame. I have not seen this before, so it was a nice surprise. Also there was no queen cells. Ianf.

Hi All. The nice surprise i had yesterday was to watch the queen inspecting a cell and then laying an egg in the cell. I was in the middle of an inspection when this happened. Also there were two bees doing a waggle dance on the same frame. I have not seen this before, so it was a nice surprise. Also there was no queen cells. Ianf.

I'm in my third year of beekeeping, and I still love to see anything like that! Every time I inspect, I see something more that makes me grateful that I have bees (or rather that they tolerate me). It's been a challenging year in beginner's terms, but whether I'm learning about artificial swarms, catching real swarms or waiting for new queens to lay, I think it's magical.

Yes, easily pleased: a nice thing to be in my mind!

Only trouble is .... most of us become OBSESSIONAL and it takes over your life and your shed and your garage ....

Both of my sheds (yes, we have 2), storage room, garden, part of my bedroom, sometimes the kitchen. :laughing-smiley-004

It also seems that you are forever making up frames bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back