A great relief

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorn

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It varies.
There’s been EFB in west and north Leeds. The bee inspector came to check our apiary a few weeks ago, and all was well. But last week my bee buddy and I spotted something not quite right in the brood box. The season had been going well, but was all going to crumble around us?
We contacted the bee inspector immediately. He asked for photos of the problem. We spent several days in the throes of despair, waiting for his response. But, sweet relief, he tells us that it’s sac brood, that he’s seen more of it this year than usual, and that it won’t be a problem in a well kept hive.

There’s been EFB in west and north Leeds. The bee inspector came to check our apiary a few weeks ago, and all was well. But last week my bee buddy and I spotted something not quite right in the brood box. The season had been going well, but was all going to crumble around us?
We contacted the bee inspector immediately. He asked for photos of the problem. We spent several days in the throes of despair, waiting for his response. But, sweet relief, he tells us that it’s sac brood, that he’s seen more of it this year than usual, and that it won’t be a problem in a well kept hive.

Any chance of posting the photos you sent to the sbi on here so we can all be educated?
Thanks

That is one of the best photos I have seen of a comb with an example of a problem. Very clear. Well done. Will know what to look for in future. Have seen pictures in books but rarely this clear.

That is one of the best photos I have seen of a comb with an example of a problem. Very clear. Well done. Will know what to look for in future. Have seen pictures in books but rarely this clear.

:iagree:
A very clear "Chinese slippers.

More photos of sac brood

Attachments

• sacbrood larvae in situ .JPG
    sacbrood larvae in situ .JPG
    481 KB · Views: 41
  • sacbrood larvae removed from cells.jpg
    sacbrood larvae removed from cells.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back