• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

4 National with Bees, Equipment, Tools, ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljierc

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Near Portsmouth.

Due to relocation and moving abroad, I have 4 nationals hives for sale (each at least 1 brood box and 2 supers) with bees (3 good colonies and 1 small colonies) (all Apiguard treated, 'feeded').

Also spare frames, wax, 1 full suit size M, 1 hive tool (J type), litterature and books, wood, work bench, tools, ....

£700 for the lot

Thanks for looking

Would you be willing to split? I am looking for one colony, possibly 2 at the right price.

Sorry, no would prefer to sell the 4 hives at once. yet I am happy to negociate the price.

I'll be looking for 1, posssibly 2. Maybe if you had a couple of different people interested who could split between them?

He has...you and Eleanor and any others who've PMd. Which was my point - he's already split the ones he was selling and wouldn't split...

So these are the four Nationals from this thread (which you did split if that's the case....) www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14890
Selling for cause moving abroad. Near Havant - Hampshire.

6 beehives (4 nationals and 2 langstroths) (each at least 1 brood box and 2 supers) with bees (3 good colonies and 3 small colonies) (all Apiguard treated, 'feeded'). All located together on a very good location (Farm field, sun exposed,well protected from wind from any direction, no habitation around, yet easy access with vehicle). The beehives could either stay there or be taken away, to discuss.

Also spare frames, wax, 2 suits (1 jacket, 1 full), smoker, 2 hives tools, ....

Price negotiable- £850 ??
We bought the two Langstroths (solid floors, no stands), plus smoker, jacket/veil, a hive tool and ten old brood frames. The second 'super' (for these Langs) has no frame rests, is to allow for supplementary feeding only (jars?). I can't confirm that the second 'super' for each of the Nationals is the same as this.

The bees we have were one swarm and one colony bought from an 'old beekeeper' last year, so I'm guessing they are all 'local' bees.

After we had left them to settle we removed super and empty frames/comb, removed q ex and fed each hive 5lb (approx 2.5 kg) bakers fondant directly onto top bars of brood box.

We didn't look too carefully at the Nationals, because we weren't interested in buying them, but seem to recall - could be wrong though :blush5: - that the new ones have bamboo q excluders.

I have forwarded a lower (compared to the asking price) offer for these four National hives from another beekeeper we know (not somebody who is on this forum) who does not want any of the other equipment or literature. The offer has been declined, the seller told us they, "...have now got a few people that would be interested".

The seller is aware of this thread >> http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15459

I asked if I could buy one or two but I was told all 6 had to go together. Guess there's some preferential treatment :(

Would you be willing to split? I am looking for one colony, possibly 2 at the right price.
Sorry, I have some difficulties selling the 4 beehives together. So now I am willing to split 2 and 2. At about 300 pounds for 2 beehives? Looking forward to hear back from you if you are still interested. Thanks

The poster is at last seeing some common sense?

Certainly not convinced that two second hand hives with possibly iffy colonies in the middle of winter is worth anything near three hundred smackers. The strongest colonies may have alresdy gone (see original thread).

If all that is heard is true, time is getting tight before said person departs these fair Isles (for good?)

Sorry, I have some difficulties selling the 4 beehives together. So now I am willing to split 2 and 2. At about 300 pounds for 2 beehives? Looking forward to hear back from you if you are still interested. Thanks

I am willing to make you an offer of £400 for all 4

Hello, and thanks for your proposition. The lower I am willing to go for the 4 is 500. I have send you a private message with my phone number.

Hello, and thanks for your proposition. The lower I am willing to go for the 4 is 500. I have send you a private message with my phone number.

Thanks for the offer but I am not willing to gamble that much.

I wont be able to test for EFB and other diseases until the queen has started laying and there is sealed Brood.
If the Hives are infected, or if they dont survive the winter, and we still have a long cold spell ahead, I could lose the lot.
By then you will have left the country. Leaving me out of pocket.

Sorry if I sound unreasonable but after losing Hives last year (to theft), I am a lot more careful now.

Latest posts

Back