2012 course prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thurrock bees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
my OH is interested in helping me with the bees, so i thought put her on a basic beekeeping course to lrean the basics and it will be easier for her to help. Well contacted my local EBKA assocaition and was shocked that they want £100 for the course when it was only £50 when i lreant 3 years ago !

MY local BKA is £150 for 10 sessions with the hope/probability of them "finding/rearing colonies for participants to look after and take over at the end of the course."

I would have thought she would be literally better off learning from you.

My beloved amazes me at times with what she knows, and that is by absorption not tuition. ;)

PH

Our BKA does 8 sessions for £50. The lions share of that is room hire, which we found to be hugely variable so I can believe some BKA's might need to charge more.
Some might be making a surplus but if you also belong to the BKA you will at least reap some of the rewards of your investment.

My BKA does an 8 week theory course followed by 12 weeks practical at the apiary all for free to members of the association (£20 per year membership fee). Invaluable and a bargain at that price. Did the course with my son this year.

Paul

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hi all
my OH is interested in helping me with the bees, so i thought put her on a basic beekeeping course to lrean the basics and it will be easier for her to help. Well contacted my local EBKA assocaition and was shocked that they want £100 for the course when it was only £50 when i lreant 3 years ago !

:eek: I'm not sure, but i think my association charge something like £40.00 for ten practical lessons and includes membership (and practical lessons at the apiary for the whole year

Think our association charges about £70 for 10 lessons. Price may depend on both how much to hire the space, and how many the course is run for. Imo, should be no more than 20 (think we are about 15)

That said I paid £150 for a course at a local college a couple of years ago, but felt it well worth it.

Hi all

I think mine (Romford) cost me £80 for the year, including the course a couple of years ago. It was, however, money well spent. But then, I imagine you could teach the OH all that is required.

Stratford upon avon bka were charging £40 for a course last year i think and included a nuc of amm at the end as well.:eek:

nuc of amm

Certificated I hope !

I gave up on certificates once I had my Cycling Proficiency Certificate and 25 meter Swimming Certificate, and was run down by a drunk driver on the way to the swimming pool!

Courses

Leicester & Rutland Beekeeping ass'

Courses open to members no additional cost
12week theory plus 18 week practical all
included in the years membership.

:

£40 ! ...almost worth doing a course for... although a course on II and a nuc of pure Buckfast's and a beery lunch at the Avondale would be better!!

You might even get an old secret bait sausage recipe as well if you haggle,after all you want to get your moneys worth dont you:Angel_anim:

you must have scottish ancestery, are you related to PH:xmas-smiley-016:

Latest posts

Back