2011 Beekeeping Forum Photography Competition

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP are we still up for this................???

if so please let me know and i will get started this weekend

What type of a camera would you suggest for taking these photos

Now that the dark evenings are here i thought i might try and organize a beekeeping forum photography competition.
This is a rough outline to gather some suggestions at the moment.....

I Will start a new thread for the actual competition once some ideas have come to the surface!

1. We will think of 12 categories such as, “Beekeeping in the snow” “urban beekeeping” “Honey Extraction” “Swarms” etc

2. Each Forum member will be allowed to enter one photo in each of the 12 categories only.

3. All entries should be in by January the first.

4. Depending on the amount of photos i will need some volunteers to help make shortlists from each category.

5. After we have a short list i will post a Poll of the final images so Forum members can vote to decide the actual winning images.

Rules TBC
1. Have fun.

2. All images must be supplied at a certain resolution(TBC) so we don’t overload the servers.

3. All images must belong and have been taken by the forum members submitting them.

4. Prizes (every competition needs a prize!) Without raking over old ground about sponsorship, i was going to approach a few companies about some prizes, one idea i had was a well know photography supplier sell a great pouch for protecting compact cameras from dust/dirt/hone/propolis. also some book tokens might work. how do we all feel about this?

If this works out i hope next year we could possibly get our own calendars printed for members to buy? for this trial run i am hoping Admin will work some magic so that each of the 12 categories become a monthly header for the forum?

please let me know what you lot think so we can get moving on this

ta BeeBoyBee (sion):seeya:

Here's mine...

They are my Bee Tree seedlings...

Last edited:
Yes, i read on the internet to freeze the seed first to fool them that they had been through winter.
Then they grew, I will plant the seed that I have left and put then through winter and see if any more grow...

Latest posts

Back