• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2 x Hives (empty) and 2 hives with bees for sale - bargin!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydragon

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Due to change in work circumstances, I need to sell the following asap. This is a genuine bargin, as I'd like to sell as soon as possible, hence they are priced very low to sell quickly.

I'm based at Pocklington near York, buyer to collect.

2 x National Hives (each empty), each hive consists of 1 x stand, 1 x open mesh floor, 1 14x12 brood box, 1 x super, 1 tin roof. Most parts are thornes and most are under 2 years old. Price £80 per hive. Both for £140 total.

2 x Hives. As per the National 14x12 hives described above, but each also has a decent sized colony with queen. I last inspected the hives in late October and all was well. Prepared to wait to warmer weather to allow an inspection, but these must go by early April. The bees are from local but look carnolian. Price £90 each. Both for £160

Please only contact me if you can collect.

Please send PM and we can discuss collection details.

Thanks.

Sounds like a real bargain !!

Lets see how long they are for sale for..

4 x hives provisionally sold to flytrapman

I'm interested if there are any issues with the provisional sale - by coincidence I'm planning to visit Pock with a trailer next w/e to pick something up from my sisters

thedaidai

"any issues with the provisional sale"

Yes there are - i was sent a pm saying I was first to respond and to confirm if I wanted them. When I did I was told they'd already been sold!

Not a happy bunny!

Eb

Not a happy bunny!

Gazumped, by the sound of it.

Despicable if that is the case.

Sorry, just my blunt honest opinion coming through as usual.

Still time to be rectified by the vendor, if it is an honest mistake.

RAB

Bad luck

I don’t know but the deal may have been influenced on the time you picked up your pm and then your reply time?

Best look on it as perhaps a blessing in disguise

I don’t know but the deal may have been influenced on the time you picked up your pm and then your reply time?
Or an offer to pick up immediately? An explanation might have helped.

Or an offer to pick up immediately?

Cannot be that. OP wrote quote: but these must go by early April.

There was not that urgency for a quick sale.

RAB

Aye, I think Tom bick has got it - there was 24 hours before I responded. I hadn't realised there was such urgency. But never mind, I've chilled out about it now.
Eb

Or an offer to pick up immediately?

Cannot be that. OP wrote quote: but these must go by early April.

There was not that urgency for a quick sale.

RAB
Just a guess based on the original wording, waiting until April was not a provision that applied to the empty hives, and overall - "I'd like to sell as soon as possible, hence they are priced very low to sell quickly".

Latest posts

Back