• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees For Sale 14x12 overwintered 6 frame nuc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeMania

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi, I have Overwintered Nucs on National 14x12 frames of Buckfast Bees. Ready for collection by the end of April (weather dependent). Very strong 6 frame Nucleus with poly nuc box, headed by 2022 Queen(purchased from BS honey bees).
Collection from Wilmslow/East Cheshire, SK93EE. It can be delivered locally. For 3 or more nucs, we can arrange delivery within 60 miles.
The price paid on collection is £230
£50 deposit is for reservation and poly nuc. If nuc box is returned £50 deposit will be refunded.
Only few remaining.

sold o

all my honey sold out few weeks ago I`m afraid :cry:
I detect a touch of sarcasm in Ian’s request as he obviously wonders where in Wilmslow is an area remote enough for the Soil Ass. to approve for the production of organic honey?

I detect a touch of sarcasm in Ian’s request as he obviously wonders where in Wilmslow is an area remote enough for the Soil Ass. to approve for the production of organic honey?
You must be Ian's partner if you know so exactly what he so obviously wonders🙂🙃
or is he the quiet one in your relationship?🤣

I think your understanding of relationships is warped if you think a partner would pick up on such subtlety. 🤣
I do however suspect that the majority of members on here would like to know the answer to where this organic honey is from though as finding anywhere in the UK to comply with the SA’s criteria is thought to be almost impossible.

You must be Ian's partner if you know so exactly what he so obviously wonders🙂🙃or is he the quiet one in your relationship?🤣
I think your understanding of relationships is warped if you think a partner would pick up on such subtlety. 🤣
I do however suspect that the majority of members on here would like to know the answer to where this organic honey is from though as finding anywhere in the UK to comply with the SA’s criteria is thought to be almost impossible.
So now you are the voice of the majority of members!🤩 wow
Well I have GPS attached to every bee and I tell them exactly where to go to make sure they all comply with SA's criteria and only forage on my land 😉

Last edited:
You have blacksmith bees as well ? 🤣
I assume from your lack of (sensible) answer the honey is not SA approved.
Well since you established that, you can now find somewhere else to exist😉
This thread went off topic so can we have moderator to step in please.

can we have moderator to step in please.
Sure. You can't produce and advertise organic honey in the UK. That was the issue.
Your original post included your website which advertised it, hence the comments.
For fairness sake I removed the website as there is a fee for advertising a business.

Lets leave the chap alone to sell his nucs

Just a thought, but say there’s a colony placed in a 1 hectare glass house that’s organic. Surely that would tick the box organic honey

Just a thought, but say there’s a colony placed in a 1 hectare glass house that’s organic. Surely that would tick the box organic honey
You would have to check with the Soil Association - I see that there's a business just started up in the UK that is growing 'organic and pesticide free' crops in a huge warehouse with hydroponics and under artificial light. They have insects to pollinate but I doubt there is sufficient nectar to support honey bee colonies - although the question is an interesting one -are these crops really ORGANIC under the Soil Association rules ? Perhaps they are in a technical sense - but are they MORALLY organic ?

You would have to check with the Soil Association - I see that there's a business just started up in the UK that is growing 'organic and pesticide free' crops in a huge warehouse with hydroponics and under artificial light. They have insects to pollinate but I doubt there is sufficient nectar to support honey bee colonies - although the question is an interesting one -are these crops really ORGANIC under the Soil Association rules ? Perhaps they are in a technical sense - but are they MORALLY organic ?
I actually use to work in glass houses that are organic registered. The soil I believe at the time had to have a 4 year waiting period. There are huge houses now days but , yes it does depend on the crop

No not in the slightest there’s still management and treatment practices with the bees that have to be complied with as I understand it.

Sure. You can't produce and advertise organic honey in the UK. That was the issue.
Your original post included your website which advertised it, hence the comments.
For fairness sake I removed the website as there is a fee for advertising a business.

Lets leave the chap alone to sell his nucs
I found the responses particularly insightful.

Given the company name is included in their username, it feels a bit of a grey area regarding advertising?

I agree but quite a few are here under their company names so I thing the horse may have already bolted! 😁

I agree but quite a few are here under their company names so I thing the horse may have already bolted! 😁
I shall lock the thread. The advert is there. If the op puts out more ads then that’s another matter.
Quite a few of our members have their trade name as their moniker so you’re right about the horse.

Latest posts

Back