1 checked 1 lost

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark you have cracked it!
Grizzly dig up the patio,or better still ring the police and tell them you have a body under it,they will then arrive and dig it up for you..

Just do what I do in these situations and firmly deny all knowlege of any wrong doing :cheers2:

Sell the Wife??
Or part exchange?

VEG
Well done, You've just done 1000 posts!

AdamD

Wouldn't be so bad if the goverment had a £2000 scrappage scheme for the missus :cheers2:

Hedgeebee, I'm not sure that Admin condones the bartering of brides on the forum. :)

I rekon it all depends in whether Admin gets a good deal or not! :)

May your hives be fruitful and your bees be calm!

Adam

Went into the garden to do my first OA treatment, opened up the hive, and all my horrors came true.

I shut in an average size colony last year, lots and lots of stores, even a super on top full as well, today there must only have been 4 cup fulls of bees in there, saw the queen, still marked bless her, i treated throughout the year with a variety of varroa control methods, apiguard on in autumn, and also thymol in their feeds. What i cannot understand is where they all went ??? (no queen cells on the frames either)

I did post back in summer about a real battle with the varroa, and some bees did have deformed wings, so i guess this was the start of colony collapse.

I am also thinking that maybe having open mesh floor on in this kind of weather is perhaps a little too much, particularly when you take into account wind chill. i have done everything the same as last year, only then the temps were about 15 degrees warmer.

I am going up later to check my out apiary, 4 hives to go, so will post back later on.

:(

I lost a hive today. It was a WBC plenty of food etc. I think its a combination of things. Position in garden to sun, poor ventilation, and the fact that the bees were not on the increase through out the summer leads me to think Accarin may be to blame.

No not yet, but could be a posability. I have plenty of dead to crush up and look at though

Latest posts

Back