Xmas has come early .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember so many moths dancing in the car headlights as you drove along on a summer's night. Things like that are just a memory.

My daughter (13) is struggling through my first edition of Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring first published in 1962 and blowing the lid off the way that governments and chemical companies have ( and continue to do so) pollute our planet, mainly for their shareholders gain!

"A very depressing thing to walk into a yard in May and not hear a bee buzz"... 1957!

Nos da

I read that book two years ago. I was amazed how it was written. And it based on researching.

Quick everyone . Rush out and buy the next big thing . Move over flow hive . Welcome the bubblebeehive or is it a bbq ? You can save the planet with this . :D

Move over Webber!! Tell you what though, It might be great for putting bees in to places where neighbours are dead against them!! they wouldnt have a clue!!:icon_204-2: Does anyone know the frame size, have they been mad enough to say it comes with its own bespoke frames?
If so, its sure to win everybody over??

Does anyone know the frame size, have they been mad enough to say it comes with its own bespoke frames?
If so, its sure to win everybody over??

You can see the design of the inside here http://www.bubblebeehive.com/#!design-eng/gjgl5

It looks like they plan on having different length frames due to the spherical nature of the thing: shorter frames to the sides, with longer in the middle.

But it looks lovely - a real fashion statement!

World is full of all kind of hives.

The most stupid hives are on the roof of buildings. Makes no sense.

You may laugh....whether you believe in God or not....Man's greed is the architect of his own demise and Man is trashing as much of the world as he can on the way

And the same will happen again around the world, as it did in Sodom and Gomorrah.

I think that was more about sexuality or perversion than mans greed....perhaps desire would be a better word.

I think that was more about sexuality or perversion

About right then, judging by the amount of Jimmy's and Rolfs, etc, that are popping up these days.

Last edited:
You can see the design of the inside here http://www.bubblebeehive.com/#!design-eng/gjgl5

It looks like they plan on having different length frames due to the spherical nature of the thing: shorter frames to the sides, with longer in the middle.

But it looks lovely - a real fashion statement!

I have to agree it does look nice. If i didn't i would be a complete hypocrite!!
I posted a French style home made hive a few months back and argued that unless we try new designs, we wouldnt advance as beekeepers! Thanks to Bpmurray for posting the link i hadn't seen inside until now. It does actually look beautifully made. Personally i think their up against a lot and i can't see it "taking off":nature-smiley-013: Excuse the pun!!

Back