Worst Parking.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took her 30 minutes!??
Wow, I wish I could parallel park that quickly...

I cannot see a problem with her parking safely parked no damage to the other cars like in some of our shopping centres

Goodness ... that is painful - I had to give up watching after 8 minutes. Sadly, if the driver had just put full left lock on when they got the back end in at the first attempt then it would have gone in perfectly, text book fashion, first time !

... a new driver has only just been taught how to do it...

Sadly, a new driver will only have been taught to parallel park with the 'parallel' car on their left (to the passenger side of the car), because that's what's in the test. They are also only taught how to reverse round a bend with the nearside (passenger's side) of the car closest to the kerb.

They are not expected to know (so aren't taught) how to park with the 'parallel' car to the driver's right, how to reverse into a parking space that's on the driver's side of the car, reverse round a right hand corner or how to reverse out of a narrow space.

They are also taught that they will fail their test if they don't drive as close to the speed limit as possible.

I agree but should you not park with the flow of traffic its a long while since I passed my test

You can often park on either side of a one-way street. ;)

Latest posts

Back