Winter wonderland!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit nearer you Curly. Joined together a few hills around Cardington. Think this was on top of Hope Bowdler.
Caer Caradoc? It's lovely up there..
All the streeton hills (long mynd) are.

You ever been over to the stiperstones and the devil's chair I have a friend farmer that lives in that area. Stiperstones

Caer Caradoc? It's lovely up there..
We looped caer caradoc as well, yes. Sheltered in the little cave, when the snow came through 🤣. Only been here a year, love all the hills, so majestic. But not been to stipperstones yet, on the list though.
Just need to avoid the busy times and the crowds, same as the wrekin and the gorge. All beautiful when there's no one around. Stay safe Mark

We looped caer caradoc as well, yes. Sheltered in the little cave, when the snow came through 🤣. Only been here a year, love all the hills, so majestic. But not been to stipperstones yet, on the list though.
Just need to avoid the busy times and the crowds, same as the wrekin and the gorge. All beautiful when there's no one around. Stay safe Mark
We are lucky to have so many hills in Shropshire..
Have you heard anything more from the association?

We are lucky to have so many hills in Shropshire..
Have you heard anything more from the association?
Not really, asked an advice type question on their Facebook page, got a couple of replies, but that's it. Bought a couple of hives, nucs frames etc in the sales. Just learning all I can reading, watching and on here really. Can see all this going on for a while yet, so preparing to go it alone if I have to, but I'm In no rush to do anything in reality.

And yes swarm, they love it here, enjoy their days off work, almost as much as, me 🤣 and there have been far too many of them of late unfortunately due to covid.

Well my wife walked in just as I got to the photo and she was greeted by that big smile. Made her day.
As for the bees, I think you will have a host of online mentors here on BKF, ready to help you out of any crisis ;) I see pretty much any social gathering being replaced by zoom type meetings for quite some time. Get a nice, local nuc and take the plunge. ;)

Not really, asked an advice type question on their Facebook page, got a couple of replies, but that's it. Bought a couple of hives, nucs frames etc in the sales. Just learning all I can reading, watching and on here really. Can see all this going on for a while yet, so preparing to go it alone if I have to, but I'm In no rush to do anything in reality.

And yes swarm, they love it here, enjoy their days off work, almost as much as, me 🤣 and there have been far too many of them of late unfortunately due to covid.
f

Hi beeker, I'm willing to help via WhatsApp and zoom, and if you like? I could supply you with a nuc and last year's queen for free to get you going.

All I would ask is you replace the frames with new.
We could transfer to your new hive either by me coming to you or you coming to the hill... Hopefully by the end of April my nucs will be strong enough..
What do you think?

Link goes to Norfolk Honey
We've esc aped so far which is a good thing
The barn owls have had a tough enough time in the rain already
Saw a beautiful barn owl flying on the moor above where we live, whilst out walking today. Flying low looking for wildlife. Was worried it was hungry and so much snow so not much around to eat. Then crossed to the other side of the moor and saw a vole scurrying between the Heather. A joy to see both

Saw a beautiful barn owl flying on the moor above where we live, whilst out walking today. Flying low looking for wildlife. Was worried it was hungry and so much snow so not much around to eat. Then crossed to the other side of the moor and saw a vole scurrying between the Heather. A joy to see both
Yes they are very resourceful. They will go out in the day if they are very hungry

Hi beeker, I'm willing to help via WhatsApp and zoom, and if you like? I could supply you with a nuc and last year's queen for free to get you going.

All I would ask is you replace the frames with new.
We could transfer to your new hive either by me coming to you or you coming to the hill... Hopefully by the end of April my nucs will be strong enough..
What do you think?
Mark.
Sorry for not replying sooner, I am rather overwhelmed with your generosity, both in your time and bees!
Thank you so much, of course I'll replace any frames and foundation (I've only got 14x12 at the moment though) , and hopefully I'll be able to help you out in some way in the future too.
I'll contact you a little nearer the time, and of course I can get to you easily rather than drag you away from your work.
I am now truly excited as I can see a way forward this year with your help now.
My granddaughter is so excited too that I'm going to be "A special person that 'collects' bees" bless her ❤️
Once again thank you so much for your kind offer.
Mark

Mark.
Sorry for not replying sooner, I am rather overwhelmed with your generosity, both in your time and bees!
Thank you so much, of course I'll replace any frames and foundation (I've only got 14x12 at the moment though) , and hopefully I'll be able to help you out in some way in the future too.
I'll contact you a little nearer the time, and of course I can get to you easily rather than drag you away from your work.
I am now truly excited as I can see a way forward this year with your help now.
My granddaughter is so excited too that I'm going to be "A special person that 'collects' bees" bless her ❤
Once again thank you so much for your kind offer.
Mark
Your very welcome, I will pm you some more details so we can keep in contact a bit easier and we can talk some more.

Yes they are very resourceful. They will go out in the day if they are very hungry
I went to a talk by an owl expert, who rescues injured individuals and returns them to the wild where possible. She said barn owls hunting in the daytime is very common and normal. Tawny owls generally only hunt at night, and prefer to hunt in woodland, rather than 'quartering' open fields as barn owls do

I suppose it deoends
I went to a talk by an owl expert, who rescues injured individuals and returns them to the wild where possible. She said barn owls hunting in the daytime is very common and normal. Tawny owls generally only hunt at night, and prefer to hunt in woodland, rather than 'quartering' open fields as barn owls do

I suppose it depends which expert gives the talk.

First time in 3 years I think that we have had snow. How exciting!!

Attachments

• BAECB01D-8B61-4D5D-8377-26F2CFF65BF8.jpeg
    BAECB01D-8B61-4D5D-8377-26F2CFF65BF8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back