Windows 10 ..... Heads up ??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using it. No problems. Great operating system.

I downloaded it come to part where it said finish it wiped everything off and all I could get was a blank screen had it into shop and they said to repair it it would work out cheaper to get a new one and had to go buy a new computer leave it alone had loads of people complain about it

Doesn't sound like the guy knew what he was doing. It was a software problem not hardware. It would have been very easy for him to make a bootable usb with your previous version of windows. If you have access to the internet and another pc, a friends, there are guides on the internet on how to do it. edit - Obviously is you have a disc that would be even easier!

Last edited:
don't forget 365 which is being pushed onto windows 10, when you download it it will be a yearly subscription

Sorry patgyle but that's wrong. Free forever to windows 7 8 and 8:1 users
Everybody else has to pay about £100
After a year everyone will have to pay if they have failed to upgrade in the year before.
E

I don't think it's wrong.... and Computerworld - who are pretty much the leading industry mag - seem to agree with me ..

"Microsoft is releasing arguably the most important version of Windows in its history this month and we don’t know how long it will be supported or what future costs we will be charged after this unknown period. Instead Microsoft simply keeps shouting:

“It’s Free! It’s Free! It’s Free!*”

(*for the lifetime of the device – and we won’t define ‘lifetime’ or what happens after that)
"

I wish I could share your optimism that this is just a wonderfully generous offer from Microsoft to loyal users because they have made so much from peddling Window in the past ... but, somehow, I just don't think so .... I hope I'm proved wrong !

Read the small print .."For the lifetime of the device"

Seems foolproof and free, no hidden catches.
Windows 11 will be along soon and 10 will be a distance memory.

You may be right .. but how much will you have to pay for Windows 11 and what happens to Windows 10 ... and if you change to another 'Device' .. as many computer users will ... it would appear that it's a non transferable licence ? So, again, you pay ...

No hidden catches ? Call me a cynical SOB if you wish but years in business have taught me that there's no such thing as a free meal ....

if you install free windows 10 you get one month in which to make your mind up, after that you are stuck with it no backward turns to previous windows platform, so what after that when everyone is stuck on the new software,
its free yea right

chrome under windows 10 had lots of issues, but seems fixed today with latest down load of latest upgrade

i have a lenovo flex touch screen and for the first week the touch screen froze, though again now appears to have been fixed

and my printer......ahhhhhh, in the end I had to delete and uninstall onenote and now works fine

still not got amazon cloud and google drive sorted though, totally ignores them ,so no drag and drop

passwords, well all lost if not via chrome

Last edited:
If your buying a new device as the old is out of date as most people do then operating systems have moved on to such an extent that you usually need a new operating system anyway ( well that's my understanding but am happy to be corrected)

If your buying a new device as the old is out of date as most people do then operating systems have moved on to such an extent that you usually need a new operating system anyway ( well that's my understanding but am happy to be corrected)

I am still using a Samsung ML-1520 laser printer of c 2001 vintage with W10.. A Samsung Universal Driver installed by me under W10 works perfectly...

I am still using a Samsung ML-1520 laser printer of c 2001 vintage with W10.. A Samsung Universal Driver installed by me under W10 works perfectly...

Not sure what your point is; printers don't have operating systems - the use a driver & app.

still not got amazon cloud and google drive sorted though, totally ignores them ,so no drag and drop

passwords, well all lost if not via chrome

I would ignore them to if I were it. hate them both

for passwords I use RoboForm which is free for about ten passwords, but I use them on a pre paid form filling flash drive so I can take to any computer

Seems foolproof and free, no hidden catches.

Windows 11 will be along soon and 10 will be a distance memory.

As I understand MS will not be producing any further win versions, win 10 will just be updated. Have it installed on PC, 2 laptops and phone with no probs. and like it.
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back