Whos not been in yet ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel like i live in a different land, everything is green leaved, horsechesnut about to flower, and doing an AS tomorrow as found queen cells today on my third time in for 7 day inspection

You do live in a different land!

Here there is willow and some oaks coming into leaf, otherwise very little apart from the occasional magnolia, camellia, forsythia etc.. Blackthorn in abundance.

Just a few miles away the hedgerows are covered in leaves and most trees are green.

I also live in Hants

Managed to get quick look on Sunday but rest of time sunny during the week when I'm at work horrible most weekends

Sleet forecast this weekend

Anyone going to bee auction at Pulborough on Saturday?

Not been into our 2 hives here in North Manchester, it's just been far to cold apart from this last Wednesday but unfortunately I had to be in work.

I did top up the fondant in one hive a few weeks back, and both are flying well, so I hope I will be able to have a quick look next week if the temperature gets back up again, if not the long range forecast is looking good for the first week of May so I might have a short-notice day off

Andy

Ditto... Just to Bloody cold, high pressure, but northerly wind, see also affecting you guys " Across the Pond ".

Though in saying that, sun shining quite a bit so they are out foraging bringing back lots of pollen, even on looking at a supe I had on one beginning to deposit fresh nectar.

That is the problem though, too cold to start pulling out brood frames.. just hope they are not in there " scheming " and starting QC's !

Latest posts

Back