Where is your nearest Bee Supplier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't go for the nearest .I go for the best Hive maker.
No link reported, no link needed , quality speaks for it'self :leaving:

John Wilkinson

It has been a while since this thread was prominent. And there are a number of new forum users who may not know of its existence.

So bump!

These supply beekeeping gear and source from various places I believe. It's an old hardware shop, brown overcoats the lot. And is known lovingly as Arkwrights. As well as beekeeping they have everything. I have no connection to their business but they are incredibly helpful and can order anything. Friend beekeepers use them a lot.

The Hardware Centre
8-10 Southgate Place
Launceston
Tel: 01566 772313
e-mail: [email protected]

These supply beekeeping gear and source from various places I believe. It's an old hardware shop, brown overcoats the lot. And is known lovingly as Arkwrights. As well as beekeeping they have everything. I have no connection to their business but they are incredibly helpful and can order anything. Friend beekeepers use them a lot.

The Hardware Centre
8-10 Southgate Place
Launceston
Tel: 01566 772313
e-mail: [email protected]

:iamwithstupid:

Never heard them called Arkwrights:willy_nilly:..... and a good chippie and a model shop that speaks fluent "O" and "G" gauge steam railway just up road.....:D:D:D

That would be Lancen then?

The model shop has so many incarnations over the years. I mean it's been about 10 different shops in 5 years. Think that they have been there the longest so far lol. The chipie ain't as good as the one in Camelford though lol. That is legendary lol.

Impressive map for such a small area. The US has 4 major suppliers and probably a dozen or so guys who work out of their garages.

Dadant is the largest.
Mann Lake LTD.
BetterBee
Walter T Kelley.

Betterbee will most likely be defunct within the next year or so due to poor business practices.

Latest posts

Back