Where can i get Top Soil for a good price in Notts?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waverider

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Anyone know where I can get decent Top Soil inc delivery from in the Nottinghamshire region, for a fair price?

Have had a few online quote that appear rather expensive.

Need about 4 tonnes.

:rolleyes:

go to your local turf/grass dealers and get it loose (not in bags) cheapist way but dont get that reclaimed stuff full of bricks ,stones and clay

I can't tell you where to get your top soil but I can ask you to please be careful. Our allotments got top soil in when they put in raised beds for disabled use. We did not know it contained mare's tail. It has spread from the raised beds, under the concrete and the nearby lawn area and is coming up in all the nearby plots. Now the raised beds have had to be taken out of use so that the top soil can be removed but I doubt we will get it out of the plots. The roots have already made network under the area I cleared of it in 2010. A friend of ine has also had top soil with added mare's tail, perhaps they came from the same supplier.

I got five tones from a company in yellow pages (Nottingham) and it is rubbish. Full of glass. Sandy so never holds water. I now find it easier, when driving around to look for people having driveways or extensions and a skip full of normally better top soil than companies provide. It's normally free as well as skips cost a fortune so emptying it saves them money.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.955867,-1.205265

as i said in my previous thread dont get the cheap stuff get the top rated soil instaed saves in the long run have you tried the garden nurserys where they repot the flowers to grow on they normally have a big pile of good quality soil-compost mixture from the old pots and it goes free normaly they cant get rid of it

Latest posts

Back