When should drones go

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thats true but i would have expected a considerably higher amount of drones to be obvious than just two over three visits. Wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah thats true but i would have expected a considerably higher amount of drones to be obvious than just two over three visits. Wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps, but what if they're just hatching out??

I would still expect to see more than that over two weeks. I looked through the poly for ten minutes or more, all workers. Added to that ive been reading up on it over the period and apparently its not at all uncommon for a few to make it through over winter. In any case there's nothing to be done but i repeat, four drones over two to three weeks is very low for DLQ. I suggest the evidence at hand strongly points to it being entirely possible for a very small number of drones to be present rather than it being a DLQ. Time will tell. [emoji3166]

very low for DLQ. I suggest the evidence at hand strongly points to it being entirely possible for a very small number of drones to be present rather than it being a DLQ. Time will tell. [emoji3166]

I'll say it again, !doesn't need to be HM laying the eggs"!

Latest posts

Back