What's your tipple?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A wide choice from everybody.
Camp Coffee? Memories of childhood....can you still get it HM?

You obviously weren't paying much attention to the lad serving you this morning EricA!

PS....JB, there was an ulterior motive to this thread:)

Yerrrs - sneaky! but I don't mind - that was a very nice surprise and although it's now marketed with all this 'origin' mystery and such - it is the original 'new barrel' (brand new oak, not second hand sherry casks) Jura with just the un smoked pure malt taste that I was lectured on by their chief taster at the distillery many years ago when we anchored in the bay on my very first 'season' as a trainee. And with an aftertaste of honey! Just got to finish the one I've got on half before wrapping myself around this one - promise I won't be long!!
Jura was the very first 'proper' malt I ever bought (before then it was bog standard Glenfiddich) quickly followed by a visit to the springbank distillery where I bought a 'strictly for staff and export' 14 year old with it's wonderful sherry after taste.

I'm with HM. The only coffee consumed in this household, on a regular basis, is Camp. Chicory essence, so basically peas and only 6% coffee plus a lot of sugar.

Ah! Camp coffee and condensed milk a war time luxury :)
As a kid I'd look at the bottle on the table on the label and try to read the label on the bottle on the table label ad infinitum !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS
http://www.algcoffee.co.uk

is a seriously wonderful coffee shop and they sell online.
I always stock up when I visit my daughter. You can tell them what sort of taste you like/what mood you're in and they make it up for you AND they are usually spot on. Coffee heaven.

Opening up a new bag of their coffee and breathing in the aroma is a truly self indulgent experience

I'm into a bottle of glen F****
Passable :)
VM
Happy New Year Peter !
VM

Can you still buy camp coffee?

yes - haven't had it for a while (don't drink much of any coffee these days) it was my grandmother's favourite - i also like it mixed with chilled milk.

I'm into a bottle of glen F****
Passable :)
Haven't had Glenf**** for a few years now - when we first got married a friend came to a party at our house and was horrified when SWMBO offered her a bottle of Glen f to mix with her cola!!!! :eek: she said 'emyr will kill you - cheap whisky is the only thing he'd mix' SWMBO answered - 'that is the cheap stuff'!' :D
Just pouring myself around EricA's present now!!!!!

typed on my computer in the study using one eye - the other tightly closed with a glass of Jura in my hand and half a bottle in my belly :D:D:D

Finished the last of the already opened bottle of Jura - now starting (well, aiming for halfway) on the very generous gift from EricA for delivering her bicket of thankfulness - she really is a honey, not often am I showered with anyones gratitudiness! a happy new all to every year of you hope the next season is beeful with bounteous crops of family and swarms to you all not apart from wanted increase. I may just venture to tap the admiral before the end of the night but I promise i won't tap the bees until they are on at least six boxes! Blwyddyn newydd dda

I received a bottle of "Chocolate ruby".
It is a variation of port with chocolate flavouring.
I had two sips (the second one just to be sure I wasn't mistaken with the first)
I wouldn't recommend it :)
D

I've tried it, first swig "mmmh ok " soon got sick of it though, certainly not what I would regard as Moreish :)
VM

I received a bottle of "Chocolate ruby".
It is a variation of port with chocolate flavouring.
I had two sips (the second one just to be sure I wasn't mistaken with the first)
I wouldn't recommend it :)
D

I wouldn't even try it! it sounds disgusting, much pefer the traditional method of taking chocolate with port - cheese board, after eights then chocolate orange - all washed down with copious quantities of a nice rounded port. I've got a few laid down since 1992 actually which I should really drink when i get the chance.

A part from malt whiskey -Talisker , laphoriag, langavulin theres

Owd roger and pedigree mixed half and half

Cocoa - Taylor's and blacks with some cream and brandy

We had some Nyetimber on NYE –-excellent.

As for Unicum, it is an acquired taste. Most people I know hate it, but I'm alright with the taste, it's just the AFTER taste that hits me like a sledgehammer.

Now that Christmas is over, all the relations have come and gone (hopefully) and some of us have bottles of strange booze.
I was wondering what you loved to get and what you hated. I have some nice bottles of Nyetimber English Fizz and somebody kindly gave me a couple of bottles of sparkling Pinot from Penarth which I will open tomorrow :)
On the downside I have a bottle of Unicum .....having read the description I daren't even open it

What's your tipple?

Latest posts

Back