What's wrong in the video.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have read your post#6
Doh!
It seems several folks are experiencing bees that are a little feisty at the moment. I am too😩
I think some colonies respond more strongly to the stressful state the unsettled weather has put them in, coupled probably with 'other' things. I had one colony a while back roaring when I did a cursory stores check, whilst the colony next door a few feet away, remained as calm as ever.

It might be a silly question, but how can you be sure that the pingers were from a neighbouring hive and not the one you had apart. Did they have labels?
No label but there is only two hives at this apiary and they were from the next door hive.

I think some colonies respond more strongly to the stressful state the unsettled weather has put them in, coupled probably with 'other' things. I had one colony a while back roaring when I did a cursory stores check, whilst the colony next door a few feet away, remained as calm as ever.
I agree - I had colonies in early April, during the dry sunny (but cold) weather going onto double brood as they had built up so well, with the queens laying in the lower boxes. Then the weather changed, the brood above emerged and the queens haven’t fully relaid in the frames. The colonies are very active, lots of drones, but no swarm cells, as of a week ago. Two out my four are more feisty than in April. I’m hoping they’ll revert to type when the weather changes, which looks like a week away yet.

Latest posts

Back