Whats This?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
As we have such a wide range of people skills here, does anybody kno what this is.
The nearest I can get is that it might be for measuring feet..

I remember one of these being used on me as a kid ... for measuring length and the instep height in the days when you could buy shoes that actually fitted without paying £1000 for someone to make them !

Do you remember the x-ray machines as well that they had in shoe shops to look at where your feet were in relation to the shoes ? What was that about !

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...a=X&ei=gegVU42kJ5SqhAeckoHYBQ&ved=0CDcQ9QEwAw

I guessed that is what it was but couldnt find anything on google....

however, since I posted the pics, I've found a few on no less a place then a well know auction site..

Do you remember the x-ray machines as well that they had in shoe shops to look at where your feet were in relation to the shoes ? What was that about !

Shoe fitting fluoroscopes !!!
I remember putting my feet into those.

Me too! I nearly bought a pair of glasses that apparently did the same :) , oh yes, and then there was the Charles atlas thingy? No hope!!!
E

Me too! I nearly bought a pair of glasses that apparently did the same :) , oh yes, and then there was the Charles atlas thingy? No hope!!!
E

Don't let JBM know ... he'll be adding them to his range of Bee combs and Leg warmers he's peddling to Bee Gym owners !!

Don't let JBM know ... he'll be adding them to his range of Bee combs and Leg warmers he's peddling to Bee Gym owners !!

What do you mean adding?
I'm sure I can find some cracking innovative bits of kit out here on my travels
I remember those shoe fitting fluoroscope thingies too - now i finally know what the were about!

Come on then you oldies.... What comics did you used to get? I wasn't allowed the beano but I was allowed the hotspur because it had real writing in it.... Oh! And the mecano magazine!

Couldnt afford comics.
No TV. Water from the well.

Gas lights.

Not bad for a hole inthe road.

The Eagle ... Dan Dare on the front page constantly battling the Mekon ? (from memory) and wonderful sectional drawings of everything from tanks to railway engines and aeroplanes on the inside ... real boys stuff and enough reading and interest to get you through a whole week ... I got the Beano (surreptitiously !) but it paled into insignificance compared to The Eagle.

Wonderful howling discs inside some editions and things that made a loud clap when you flicked them down ... amazing how easily we were entertained in those post war years !

Uncle Mac (IMacDonald Hobley) on the Radio (no TV) on a Saturday morning with Children's Hour ... Hello Children - Everywhere.

Who remembers the songs ... I'll start you off:

Nellie the Elephant
Teddy Bears Picnic

The Eagle ... Dan Dare on the front page constantly battling the Mekon ? (from memory) and wonderful sectional drawings of everything from tanks to railway engines and aeroplanes on the inside ... real boys stuff and enough reading and interest to get you through a whole week ... I got the Beano (surreptitiously !) but it paled into insignificance compared to The Eagle.

Wonderful howling discs inside some editions and things that made a loud clap when you flicked them down ... amazing how easily we were entertained in those post war years !

Uncle Mac (IMacDonald Hobley) on the Radio (no TV) on a Saturday morning with Children's Hour ... Hello Children - Everywhere.

Who remembers the songs ... I'll start you off:

Nellie the Elephant
Teddy Bears Picnic

I used an Eagle cutaway picture of a Norton Dominator instead of a workshop manual on my first ever stripdown of my bike. Wonderful resource!

Latest posts

Back