whats in honey/what is honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 plus a few 14x 12s, nukes and apidea
Thanks for the link. Seems something sensible it about to be adopted and we can all keep to the labels we are using.

Consuming GM products generally means accepting far higher pesticide intake by the purchaser/end user. Of course, it may not just be in the pollen...

Birth defects, due to increased usage of round up for GM crops in Argentina (just goggle it), is more than enough to persuade me it is not a good move for the human race, or for any animals fed on the stuff tbh. Consumers' choice. I would definitely opt out, thank you very much.

Everyone, particularly of child bearing age, should be taking this on board and making a rational decision on the possible future well-being of their children. Sadly, many are oblivious of the facts.

RAB

Herbicides-Pesticides-Fungicides-Chemtail muck-Aviation fuel & lubricant-vehicular emissions-dust particles!?-polen-converted flower nectar and bee sweat:icon_204-2:
:sorry:

It's only treating beekeepers the same as other food producers.
The (enforced????) alternative would be testing every batch of honey for the presence of GM pollen.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Consuming GM products generally means accepting far higher pesticide intake by the purchaser/end user. Of course, it may not just be in the pollen...

Birth defects, due to increased usage of round up for GM crops in Argentina (just goggle it), is more than enough to persuade me it is not a good move for the human race, or for any animals fed on the stuff tbh. Consumers' choice. I would definitely opt out, thank you very much.

Everyone, particularly of child bearing age, should be taking this on board and making a rational decision on the possible future well-being of their children. Sadly, many are oblivious of the facts.

RAB

+1

It's only treating beekeepers the same as other food producers.
The (enforced????) alternative would be testing every batch of honey for the presence of GM pollen.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Easy solution BAN GM food from our planet

Final vote this wednesday 16th april

The EU parliament is having a final vote on 'pollen is a constituent of honey, not an ingredient' debate this wednesday. As I understand it, the EU has decided that pollen is a constituent and this vote will ratify that decision. The vote came about as a result of Bavarian beekeepers lobbying.

If you want to avoid the risk of having to test every batch of honey for the presence of GM pollen, then contact your MEP to let them know what the implications would be if they voted for pollen as an ingredient of honey.
OTOH, if you are with the anti-GM lobby that has coincidentally taken a great interest in bees, then you could also let them know how you feel.

Latest posts

Back