What's going on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then if they came from good queen are good then but I missed that but my points are still valid regardless. I was under the impression that a queen had layed the eggs in the hive

But you knew that they were drone eggs. How did you knew that?

The word "if" anf " impression" are not valid in this severe situation.

If I were Curly, I would take eggs from his best hive. Not from that drone layer.
I never said there were drone laying workers did I? I said they do not did I was answering a question. I also said if they can't detect queen pheromone they will roar

Why? To me the case is more than clear.
Curly will buy a mated queen and case is closed.
Also queen couldve stung the queen cells
Why? To me the case is more than clear.
Curly will buy a mated queen and case is closed.
But it was asked so why can't I answer? If he she has an unmarked queen then he could keep it. He asked thought's? If people can't give thoughts why ask? People seem mad people post on here. What's the problem?

Last edited:
It is then better to buy a mated queen than to rear queen from drone eggs.

What is so difficult in this case?
Curly is a talent beekeeper. Let' let him to take care about this. Where we are needed for?

If bees roar, then Curly knows that bees are doing drone queen.
So the eggs that were present are from laying workers.
I've added a frame of eggs from one of my other colonys which we're layed by a queen they are drawing cells from the queen's eggs not the laying workers.
Just to clarify. Which is what I wrote earlier in this thread.
Now I no they are queenless I will remove all queen cells and unite this colony. Rather than using one of my own queen's which are needed elsewhere.
Hey guys a bit of confusion going on here ;)

Last edited:
I also said if they can't detect queen pheromone they will roar
Which in itself isn't neccessarily true - in fact it's untrue in most cases. So it tells the beekeeper nothing

Which in itself isn't neccessarily true - in fact it's untrue in most cases. So it tells the beekeeper nothing
I agree, I've worked queenless colonys that haven't roared this season and previous.

So the eggs that were present are from laying workers.
I've added a frame of eggs from one of my other colonys which we're layed by a queen they are drawing cells from the queen's eggs not the laying workers.
Just to clarify. Which is what I wrote earlier in this thread.
Now I no they are queenless I will remove all queen cells and unite this colony. Rather than using one of my own queen's which are needed elsewhere.
Hey guys a bit of confusion going on here ;)

You just do it.

I agree, I've worked queenless colonys that haven't roared this season and previous.
Me too I've worked them that don't roar then after 10 mins do or give off a lower pitched roar that can be missed or dismissed as normal behavior but does give me indicator f it's queenless or not. I've had someone working with me for months and I've shown him lots of hives, splits or swarms and based on how they react without seeing a queen I've told him if I think they are queenless or not. Nine times out of ten I was right but we waited to see if I was rather than requeen. The ones I said had no queen didn't and we have united. Some other time have had queens start laying proving my point usually small queens a few got out the cage while marking them. And some got queens from other splits after having laying workers leaving some that I had queens in queenless. I've had several hives with no queens refuse to make queen cells out of fresh eggs and even destroy queen cells I added and remain queenless for a good while without laying workers until I requeened or united them but I can usually tell the good hives from the bad ones based on reaction to my inspection. Some give off a low pitched roar some really roar loud. And the tempriment can give me indicators. It's been fun having a student this season and being a mentor because I can show what can't really be explained properly. But one thing I will add is if you put a mated queen in and it already has one that's not mated or isnt laying yet she will probably get killed. One thing I pointed out this year to him is two mated queens marked in the same hive 😂 I must have thought the mark worn off so ended up with two marked laying queens. One got its own split. I get plenty of marked queens in empty hives though thanks to the local beekeepers who only inspect weekly 😂 now I've run out of gear and cash so I'll have to get in the workshop

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back