What's going on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the bees roaring as if queenless? Do you have any other hives or splits on site requeening? Have you looked for an unmarked queen?
No roaring and yes I've been through the colony with a fine tooth comb.
Yes I have other colonys requeening.

No roaring and yes I've been through the colony with a fine tooth comb.
Yes I have other colonys requeening.
Maybe a virgin from another hive entered the hive killed the queen and now she took the hive for herself. Could still be on mating flights. Could also be mated. Leave then for a week see what happens but I'd knock those cells to one. If that's the case she could be a small queen. Hard to find. Tricky one because if that happened and you don't knock them all down they could swarm or superceed

Last edited:
Maybe a virgin from another hive entered the hive killed the queen and now she took the hive for herself. Could still be on mating flights. Could also be mated. Leave then for a week see what happens but I'd knock those cells to one. If that's the case she could be a small queen. Hard to find. Tricky one because if that happened and you don't knock them all down they could swarm or superceed
Yeah I understand what your saying I'll post what happens.
Thanks for the advice.

any other little nuggets you'd like to share?
Oh so I suppose that queen that entered one of my hives that was a laying worker hive came from thin air last week and all the beekeepers who put queen exluders over entrances to stop other queens entering are all stupid. Maybe I should have said a queen that was coming back from a mating flight but I'm sure people get the idea

Last edited:
Bees have there queen cells anf fresh eggs. Why would they roar?
queenless colony don't always roar.
Im sure this colony are queenless as they are building queen cells. From the eggs I put in on Saturday

Bees have there queen cells anf fresh eggs. Why would they roar?
Fresh eggs have nothing at all to do with it also bees can try to make queen cells from eggs that would become drones. If they can't smell a queens pheromone they will roar

Last edited:
Oh so I suppose that queen that entered one of my hives that was a laying worker hive came from thin air last week and all the beekeepers who put queen exluders over entrances to stop other queens entering are all stupid.
I'm sure you're on your own with that one

I'm sure you're on your own with that one
Look up migratory beekeeping by anual rotation on YouTube. Plenty of beekeepers much better than me do it with years of experience handed down generations. Queens can and do enter hives they didn't originate from. Swarms enter hives and ball queens to

Last edited:
Fresh eggs have nothing at all to do with it also bees can try to make queen cells from eggs that would become drones. If they can't smell a queens pheromone they will roar

It is then better to buy a mated queen than to rear queen from drone eggs.

What is so difficult in this case?
Curly is a talent beekeeper. Let' let him to take care about this. Where we are needed for?

If bees roar, then Curly knows that bees are doing drone queen.

Curly is s talent beekeeper. Let' let him to take care about this. Where we are needed for?
It was asked so I answered my opinion based on the information given what could be taking place and that's my perogative as a member of this forum. If people don't like it then maybe report me

Curly is a talent beekeeper. Let' let him to take care about this. Where we are needed for?

If bees roar, then Curly knows that bees are doing drone queen.
Nobody asked him to raise one from drone eggs did they

It was asked so I answered my opinion based on the information given what could be taking place and that's my perogative as a member of this forum. If people don't like it then maybe report me

Do you think that Curly is not able to take care about his queenless hive. We could arrange a vote about this.

Look at this Beeworker. Gurly put eggs into the hive.
Then if they came from good queen are good then but I missed that but my points are still valid regardless. I was under the impression that a queen had layed the eggs in the hive

Latest posts

Back