What is the Best Way To Wash Veil?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee-Key-Pur

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
1+
I want to wash my bee suit and veil, but don't know if it's safe to throw the veil into the washing machine along with the suit, or will the veil get damaged?
Any advice please, thanks...

Brian

Fencing-type hoods are ok for the occasional machine wash when really needed. I did two of ours yesterday....filled machine with bee suits, washable gloves and inspection cloths and put the two DETACHED hoods on the top meshes facing into the drum. Add unscented tablet. 30 degrees, slow spin, short cycle. Done.

I was my fencing suit veil tucked into the suit with the zip done up so that it doesn't end up outside the suit to catch on anything. The other round type, I take off and put in a pillow slip closed with a couple of safety pins.
Wash in unscented powder or liquid soap (dissolved flakes are OK) but I wouldn't use soap unless you are in a soft water area. Quick 30 minutes at 40˚

The current Lady DD does our veils by hand in a bucket (with warm water and washing soda).

Just shows that all those years out in the African bush were not wasted!

my suits ( beekeeping ones) get put into machine as they are, no dismantling, unscented washing powder, 30 deg wash. ( So the OH tells me!)

The 'Beekeeper's Apprentice's :) suit went into the washing machine, complete with veil. Snagged on something and consequently repaired. Pillowcase outer sounds like a good plan.

The current Lady DD does our veils by hand in a bucket (with warm water and washing soda).

Just shows that all those years out in the African bush were not wasted!
Thedeaddiplomat which african bush may that be?

I take my veil off and put in a pillow case, also put my'occasional' beesuit in pillow case. Latter is very flimsy but just to be safe with proper suit veil.

Latest posts

Back