What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no got plenty of space outside for spare boxes all under cover..... this is my HQ and retreat! and construction space for new frames.
Radio, comfy chair and wireless..... perfect

oh no got plenty of space outside for spare boxes all under cover..... this is my HQ and retreat! and construction space for new frames.
Radio, comfy chair and wireless..... perfect

That sound tempting.

I need to sell the idea to SWMBO.

(And the answer I will get is: "decorating first, and you have a treble garage and loft which is enough for anyone and you want MORE? Throw something out..")

An impressive stack, but ... ummm ... especially in quantity, ready-made poly has its attractions ...

Making up frames looks like its going to be an endurance event ... :)

Went to check my stored equipment had not been inhhabited by any unwanted wildlife over the Winter, only to find that my husband has started storing his clutter in my little bee shed :nono: Told him very nicely to put it somewhere else!

Went to check my stored equipment had not been inhhabited by any unwanted wildlife over the Winter, only to find that my husband has started storing his clutter in my little bee shed :nono: Told him very nicely to put it somewhere else!

A shed war........:rules:

I have to ask but how far are you going to expand this coming season? :D

Hi Tom, nor really planning too !
My aim is 10 good strong 'honey' hives and a few nuc's.
Combining what I have in the spring should give me the honey hives and leave me a couple from which to raise a few nucs.
I was lucky enough to get the boxes in T's sale (3rds) and have been making them up whilst the weather is grim, as they will come in at some stage.
As you guys have taught me you cant have enough equipment when it comes to swarm control and swarm season.
Pete D

not confident enough not to nail them to the table then?

I tap the nails into the bar first, then put the bar in place and squeeze the nails in with pliers.

The nail gun makes a little too much noise for the house.

Nail holes in the table....wasn't me....must have been the children!! :leaving:

Hi Tom, nor really planning too !
My aim is 10 good strong 'honey' hives and a few nuc's.
Combining what I have in the spring should give me the honey hives and leave me a couple from which to raise a few nucs.
I was lucky enough to get the boxes in T's sale (3rds) and have been making them up whilst the weather is grim, as they will come in at some stage.
As you guys have taught me you cant have enough equipment when it comes to swarm control and swarm season.
Pete D

Hi Pete you defiantly have enough kit and may be very popular with beekeeping buddies when they realise they need a hive sap. :D

cut out and folded aluminium sheet into a roof cover to complete a hive I started building last year

Made up some more Nuc boxes just four more to go then start on a mountain of frames, oh deep joy !!

cut out and folded aluminium sheet into a roof cover to complete a hive I started building last year

Where's a good place to buy aluminium sheet? I've been looking for some for a couple of nucs I've made.

Dropped a brood box full of frames with foundation fitted. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Foundation doesn't bend when its cold......:smash:

:hairpull:

More haste less speed!!!!

Latest posts

Back