What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut a load of plywood up ready to make into 6 deep roofs on my new table saw (Christmas present from my mam - bit better than socks innit :D)
I still reckon you need a biscuit joiner for all those off cuts dumped in your secret garden

I still reckon you need a biscuit joiner for all those off cuts dumped in your secret garden

you've got it wrong....you burn the off cuts from the Secret garden on the wood burner in the sitting room.....then you have an excuse as to why you spend a long time in the secret garden ....cutting up wood for the wood burner.....then no problem bringing home an other sheet of 18mm ply....to cut up for the wood burner

I'm learning you cunning lot :icon_204-2: the only trouble I have is that I don't have a wood burner !! :hairpull::hairpull:

I once bought a lovely sage green paint for the hives, I had " don't think your putting that colour on my fences take it back"

They wouldn't take it back as it had been opened, so I said, so i used it on my hives to save it from going to waste, Good thinking I thought until she said, that is a nice colour and ended up painting all the fences !!!! you just can't win

I am melting wax in the new kitchen, while the wife is gone shopping with her sister. Hope to get finshed before she gets home.

I am melting wax in the new kitchen, while the wife is gone shopping with her sister. Hope to get finshed before she gets home.

Thats brave............
I have tackled it another way and booked her to go along to our association workshop in a few weeks time about wax harvesting and preparation.
I am hoping it wont be me that uses the best pans and makes a mess whilst preparing wax in future :icon_204-2:
Pete D

Started to assemble a hive that I purchased in the Th**nes sale.

Floor, Brood Box and roof complete I'll probably do the supers tomorrow

Emptied a good number of complete brood boxes with frames and a dozen nucs from my garage to a nice new shed at one of my apiaries. Will also move a few dozen supers to the same new shed. :driving:

Gives me some more space to make up my T's order now.:biggrinjester:

And shed in each apiary, now that is organized.

Sat on the patio for a few hours with my filler and knife and went through the 3rds supers that I recently assembled
Pete D

I bought a couple of 14x12 flatpacks before Christmas and now the weathers warmed up a bit I spent the weekend putting them together, next warm day, I'll make a start on the frames.

Regards
CD

Sat on the patio for a few hours with my filler and knife and went through the 3rds supers that I recently assembled
Pete D
Now there’s an optimist – hope you get them filled with honey this year :)

Similar to my land rover then, I think it is a beekeeper thing, carry as much kit as possible around with you only to find the kit you need is at base when you are on site.

I'm not skilled in wood work, but friend of mine gave me some half frames for mating nucs. I only had to assemble them and made box of plywood to see how it looks. I'm very satisfied, it seems to me OK. There can go two boxes together and in that order easily overwinter, and to have spare queens early in the spring if needed.

I am waiting for half frames of other design to be finished, and I'll see if there is significant difference ( I'm buying these)..

But for me most important - nothing without friends.:)

Finally finished all the sales boxes today, a sore thumb, little finger and a few more half crowns than usual, due to some new glasses, it will take a little time to adjust to them i guess, still a little bit of filler and a little bit of paint make a carpenter what he ain't :cuss:

cut and jointed wood for another 8 nucs in the week,put them together yesterday and painting today.

Latest posts

Back