what depth are 12x14 national BB

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home poly hives:

find your high density expanded polystyrene TREE

OR use low density polystyrene and cover it with a veneer. Formica or cheap equivalent should do. The interior wil be smooth and just as warm. The price compared to an injection moulding item is probably comparable, or better, for the home manufacturer.

Just not easy and simple to set up the production line, which is why most buy in.

Cheap, reliable, inter-changeable parts.

Regards, RAB

well that's 12" 9/32 then as my bench saw guide is in imperial

i,ve just run it through the saw at 12 1/4...and a bit....312 exact, good well seasoned ten year old cedar,

AHHHHH, just looked at my lovely newly biult 14X12....left it in the rain to season and vent the glue fumes.....warped all over the place and great crack in one side..un usable, even sprung some nails out

it must have been too dry....ten years stored dry in my father's attic now i known why he never used it..it is vary varaible in grain and colour, must have been heart wood, the split is right along a colour change

back to square one

AHHHHH, just looked at my lovely newly biult 14X12....left it in the rain to season and vent the glue fumes.....warped all over the place and great crack in one side..un usable, even sprung some nails out

it must have been too dry....ten years stored dry in my father's attic now i known why he never used it..it is vary varaible in grain and colour, must have been heart wood, the split is right along a colour change

back to square one

Bummer..................:grouphug:

Frisbee

Back