What books are you reading poll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read lots of bee keeping books. I've found Beekeeping for Dummies is quite good the the total beginner, breaks things down into words of 1 syllable but is written for the American market.

hence the words of one syllable!:smilielol5:

Just a wee heads up as I see Mr Flotum mentioned and for them what dinna know he is/was ed of the famous magazine in the USA: Gleanings or as it used to be called Gleanings in Bee Culture.

You can bet the majority of his info is North American based and may well not suit our climate.

Beware.

PH

He apparently also has some weird, misplaced and just plain wrong ideas on foul brood quite obviously fostered in the USA which he presented at a lecture to a beekeeping association in the UK last year. He was ripped to pieces by a number in the audience who have sound scientific and beekeeping credentials. From what I heard he won't be invited back. Ever.

Managing Mininucs by Ron Brown and Mating in Minature by Bernhard Mobus, both seem very good little books so I have ordered some more stuff by them.

I also regularly use Dorothy Hodges Pollen Loads of the Honeybee, will be back out today again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back